Brandon Spikes leaves game with dehydration
|09.08.13 at 1:54 pm ET|
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — Apparently the sunny weather got to Patriots starting linebacker Brandon Spikes.
Just one series into the game, played under clear skies and temperatures in the mid-60s, Spikes came out due to dehydration. He was listed as questionable to return.
With Spikes out of action and on the sidelines getting treatment, the Patriots went primarily with their nickel (five DB package). It was successful as the Bills were just 1-for-3 on third down and were held scoreless.
The Patriots used a four-man front and linebackers Jerod Mayo and Dont’a Hightower.
Spikes returned for the start of the second half and was on the field as the Bills marched toward a touchdown that gave Buffalo its first lead of the day, 21-17.
- Patriots Are Reliant on Rookies, But Still Winning
- New England Patriots Links 12/04/13 - Patriots Preparing For All Browns...
- NFL Playoff Picture: Where do the Patriots Stand After 12 Games?
- Turning Heel
- New England Patriots Links 12/03/13 - Brady, Patriots Heat Up in December
- Patriots vs. Texans: By the Numbers
- Patriots vs. Texans: Fan Notes from the Game