Brandon Spikes leaves game with dehydration
|09.08.13 at 1:54 pm ET|
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — Apparently the sunny weather got to Patriots starting linebacker Brandon Spikes.
Just one series into the game, played under clear skies and temperatures in the mid-60s, Spikes came out due to dehydration. He was listed as questionable to return.
With Spikes out of action and on the sidelines getting treatment, the Patriots went primarily with their nickel (five DB package). It was successful as the Bills were just 1-for-3 on third down and were held scoreless.
The Patriots used a four-man front and linebackers Jerod Mayo and Dont’a Hightower.
Spikes returned for the start of the second half and was on the field as the Bills marched toward a touchdown that gave Buffalo its first lead of the day, 21-17.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...