Brandon Spikes leaves game with dehydration
|09.08.13 at 1:54 pm ET|
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — Apparently the sunny weather got to Patriots starting linebacker Brandon Spikes.
Just one series into the game, played under clear skies and temperatures in the mid-60s, Spikes came out due to dehydration. He was listed as questionable to return.
With Spikes out of action and on the sidelines getting treatment, the Patriots went primarily with their nickel (five DB package). It was successful as the Bills were just 1-for-3 on third down and were held scoreless.
The Patriots used a four-man front and linebackers Jerod Mayo and Dont’a Hightower.
Spikes returned for the start of the second half and was on the field as the Bills marched toward a touchdown that gave Buffalo its first lead of the day, 21-17.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction