Brandon Spikes leaves game with dehydration
|09.08.13 at 1:54 pm ET|
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — Apparently the sunny weather got to Patriots starting linebacker Brandon Spikes.
Just one series into the game, played under clear skies and temperatures in the mid-60s, Spikes came out due to dehydration. He was listed as questionable to return.
With Spikes out of action and on the sidelines getting treatment, the Patriots went primarily with their nickel (five DB package). It was successful as the Bills were just 1-for-3 on third down and were held scoreless.
The Patriots used a four-man front and linebackers Jerod Mayo and Dont’a Hightower.
Spikes returned for the start of the second half and was on the field as the Bills marched toward a touchdown that gave Buffalo its first lead of the day, 21-17.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty