Danny Amendola (groin), Zach Sudfeld (hamstring) among 9 limited Patriots
|09.09.13 at 6:29 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Shane Vereen was the only player listed as not participating in a walkthrough practice on Monday as the team began its preparations for the Jets on a short week Thursday at Gillette Stadium. Vereen reportedly broke his wrist on his first play of the day on Sunday and is having surgery that will likely sideline him for at least two weeks. The team also sustained injuries to TE Zach Sudfeld (hamstring) and WR Danny Amendola (groin) during their season-opening win on Sunday in Buffalo. In a bit of good news, OL Will Svitek (knee) returned to practice for the first time in two weeks.
Here is Monday’s complete report:
Did not participate:
RB Shane Vereen (wrist)
TE Rob Gronkowski (back/forearm)
WR Danny Amendola (groin)
OL Will Svitek (knee)
RB Brandon Bolden (knee)
WR Aaron Dobson (hamstring)
DB Nate Ebner (ankle)
DB Duron Harmon (hamstring)
TE Zach Sudfeld (hamstring)
RB Leon Washington (thigh)
As for the Jets, DL Quinton Coples (ankle), QB Mark Sanchez (right shoulder), WR Jeremy Kerley (head) and TE Kellen Winslow (knee) were the only four players not taking part in practice on Monday. The Jets list seven players as limited, including CB Antonio Cromartie (hip), WR Santonio Holmes (foot) and OL Nick Mangold (elbow).
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Comments on Friendship with President Donald Trump
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself