Danny Amendola (groin), Zach Sudfeld (hamstring) among 9 limited Patriots
|09.09.13 at 6:29 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Shane Vereen was the only player listed as not participating in a walkthrough practice on Monday as the team began its preparations for the Jets on a short week Thursday at Gillette Stadium. Vereen reportedly broke his wrist on his first play of the day on Sunday and is having surgery that will likely sideline him for at least two weeks. The team also sustained injuries to TE Zach Sudfeld (hamstring) and WR Danny Amendola (groin) during their season-opening win on Sunday in Buffalo. In a bit of good news, OL Will Svitek (knee) returned to practice for the first time in two weeks.
Here is Monday’s complete report:
Did not participate:
RB Shane Vereen (wrist)
TE Rob Gronkowski (back/forearm)
WR Danny Amendola (groin)
OL Will Svitek (knee)
RB Brandon Bolden (knee)
WR Aaron Dobson (hamstring)
DB Nate Ebner (ankle)
DB Duron Harmon (hamstring)
TE Zach Sudfeld (hamstring)
RB Leon Washington (thigh)
As for the Jets, DL Quinton Coples (ankle), QB Mark Sanchez (right shoulder), WR Jeremy Kerley (head) and TE Kellen Winslow (knee) were the only four players not taking part in practice on Monday. The Jets list seven players as limited, including CB Antonio Cromartie (hip), WR Santonio Holmes (foot) and OL Nick Mangold (elbow).
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied