Danny Amendola (groin), Zach Sudfeld (hamstring) among 9 limited Patriots
|09.09.13 at 6:29 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Shane Vereen was the only player listed as not participating in a walkthrough practice on Monday as the team began its preparations for the Jets on a short week Thursday at Gillette Stadium. Vereen reportedly broke his wrist on his first play of the day on Sunday and is having surgery that will likely sideline him for at least two weeks. The team also sustained injuries to TE Zach Sudfeld (hamstring) and WR Danny Amendola (groin) during their season-opening win on Sunday in Buffalo. In a bit of good news, OL Will Svitek (knee) returned to practice for the first time in two weeks.
Here is Monday’s complete report:
Did not participate:
RB Shane Vereen (wrist)
TE Rob Gronkowski (back/forearm)
WR Danny Amendola (groin)
OL Will Svitek (knee)
RB Brandon Bolden (knee)
WR Aaron Dobson (hamstring)
DB Nate Ebner (ankle)
DB Duron Harmon (hamstring)
TE Zach Sudfeld (hamstring)
RB Leon Washington (thigh)
As for the Jets, DL Quinton Coples (ankle), QB Mark Sanchez (right shoulder), WR Jeremy Kerley (head) and TE Kellen Winslow (knee) were the only four players not taking part in practice on Monday. The Jets list seven players as limited, including CB Antonio Cromartie (hip), WR Santonio Holmes (foot) and OL Nick Mangold (elbow).
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie
- Julian Edelman Says Jimmy Garoppolo Has Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers...