Following the flags: Tracking Patriots penalties for 2013 season
|09.09.13 at 11:00 pm ET|
In their regular season opener, the Patriots were flagged for four penalties for 36 yards. Here’s a breakdown of the calls that went against the Patriots on Sunday, not including penalties that were declined or offset:
Most penalized players, listed by total flags and with total yardage lost:
CB Alfonzo Dennard: one penalty (unnecessary roughness), 15 yards
LB Jerod Mayo: one penalty (unnecessary roughness), 15 yards
OL Dan Connolly: one penalty (false start), 5 yards
OL Marcus Cannon: one penalty (false start), 1 yard
Most penalized by position
Cornerback: 15 yards
Linebacker: 15 yards
Offensive line: 6 yards
Most frequently called penalties
False start: Two
Unnecessary roughness: Two
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England