Report: Shane Vereen to have surgery on broken wrist, out for a few weeks
|09.09.13 at 1:45 pm ET|
According to Glazer, Vereen played through the injury but experienced numbness after the game as the bone sat on the nerve. He is scheduled to have surgery Monday.
Vereen finished the day with 14 carries for 101 yards and seven catches for 58 yards. He played a bigger role after teammate Stevan Ridley was benched following his third-quarter fumble that was returned for a touchdown.
Meanwhile, multiple reports indicate tight end Zach Sudfeld suffered a pulled hamstring in the game.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Joe Mixon Reportedly Removed from Patriots' Draft Board Due to Assault...
- Roger Goodell to Attend Patriots Home Opener, 1st Foxboro Trip Since...
- Robert Kraft 'Would Love' for Darrelle Revis to Return to Patriots
- Ideal Second-Round Fits for New England Patriots in 2017 NFL Draft
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text