Report: Shane Vereen to have surgery on broken wrist, out for a few weeks
|09.09.13 at 1:45 pm ET|
According to Glazer, Vereen played through the injury but experienced numbness after the game as the bone sat on the nerve. He is scheduled to have surgery Monday.
Vereen finished the day with 14 carries for 101 yards and seven catches for 58 yards. He played a bigger role after teammate Stevan Ridley was benched following his third-quarter fumble that was returned for a touchdown.
Meanwhile, multiple reports indicate tight end Zach Sudfeld suffered a pulled hamstring in the game.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Malcolm Butler Contract: Latest News, Rumors
- Patriots DT Plans to Recruit Kevin Durant to Celtics
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense