Report: Shane Vereen to have surgery on broken wrist, out for a few weeks
|09.09.13 at 1:45 pm ET|
Patriots running back Shane Vereen will be out a few weeks after breaking a bone in his wrist during the first play of Sunday’s win over the Bills, Fox Sports’ Jay Glazer reported Monday afternoon.
According to Glazer, Vereen played through the injury but experienced numbness after the game as the bone sat on the nerve. He is scheduled to have surgery Monday.
Vereen finished the day with 14 carries for 101 yards and seven catches for 58 yards. He played a bigger role after teammate Stevan Ridley was benched following his third-quarter fumble that was returned for a touchdown.
Meanwhile, multiple reports indicate tight end Zach Sudfeld suffered a pulled hamstring in the game.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick