Report: Shane Vereen to have surgery on broken wrist, out for a few weeks
|09.09.13 at 1:45 pm ET|
Patriots running back Shane Vereen will be out a few weeks after breaking a bone in his wrist during the first play of Sunday’s win over the Bills, Fox Sports’ Jay Glazer reported Monday afternoon.
According to Glazer, Vereen played through the injury but experienced numbness after the game as the bone sat on the nerve. He is scheduled to have surgery Monday.
Vereen finished the day with 14 carries for 101 yards and seven catches for 58 yards. He played a bigger role after teammate Stevan Ridley was benched following his third-quarter fumble that was returned for a touchdown.
Meanwhile, multiple reports indicate tight end Zach Sudfeld suffered a pulled hamstring in the game.
- No Lead, No Problem
- Patriots vs. Browns: By the Numbers
- Offensive Fallout: Touch Percentage
- Patriots vs. Ravens Flexed Out of Primetime for Week 16
- New England Patriots Links 12/10/13 - 'Next Man Up' Philosophy Faces...
- New England Patriots fans, take a deep breath and enjoy the ride
- The Heart of a Machine