Reports: Patriots work out veteran DE Andre Carter
|09.09.13 at 6:04 pm ET|
Veteran defensive end Andre Carter worked out for the Patriots on Monday, according to multiple reports.
The 34-year-old Carter, who spent the 2011 season with the Patriots, had 10 sacks in 14 games that year with New England. However, a quad injury late in the season cut his year short, and had to watch from the sidelines as the team reached the Super Bowl. There was mutual interest between him and the Patriots about a possible reunion in 2012, but the two sides couldn’t make it work and he landed in Oakland.
A 6-foot-4, 260-pounder, he’s also played for the Niners, Redskins and Raiders. He has 78.5 career sacks over the course of his career.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction