Reports: Patriots work out veteran DE Andre Carter
|09.09.13 at 6:04 pm ET|
Veteran defensive end Andre Carter worked out for the Patriots on Monday, according to multiple reports.
The 34-year-old Carter, who spent the 2011 season with the Patriots, had 10 sacks in 14 games that year with New England. However, a quad injury late in the season cut his year short, and had to watch from the sidelines as the team reached the Super Bowl. There was mutual interest between him and the Patriots about a possible reunion in 2012, but the two sides couldn’t make it work and he landed in Oakland.
A 6-foot-4, 260-pounder, he’s also played for the Niners, Redskins and Raiders. He has 78.5 career sacks over the course of his career.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL