Target Practice: Tracking opportunities in Patriots passing game
|09.09.13 at 6:13 pm ET|
Targets have been compiled by the NFL since the start of the 2009 season, and while it remains a vaguely imperfect stat ‘ a badly thrown ball from a quarterback can often go against the record of the receiver as opposed to the quarterback ‘ it remains a good indication of the confidence level a passer might have in his pass catcher. Here’s a look at the target breakdown for the New England passing game after the first game of the 2013 season:
WR Danny Amendola: 10 catches on 14 targets
WR Kenbrell Thompkins: 4 catches on 14 targets
RB Shane Vereen: 7 catches on 10 targets
WR Julian Edelman: 7 catches on 9 targets
TE Michael Hoomanawanui: 1 catch on 2 targets
WR Josh Boyce: 0 catches on 2 targets
TE Zach Sudfeld: 0 catches on 1 target
TOTALS: 29 catches on 52 targets
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL