Danny Amendola (groin), Shane Vereen (wrist) not spotted at walkthrough
|09.10.13 at 10:37 am ET|
FOXBORO — For a second straight day, the Patriots did not hold practice but rather a walkthrough. Tuesday’s walkthrough was on the upper grass fields outside Gillette Stadium.
The only two notable players not spotted on their way to the walkthrough were Shane Vereen and Danny Amendola. Vereen tweeted four emoticons of “thumbs up” Monday evening, an apparent reference to successful surgery Monday on his broken wrist, injured on the first play of the game Sunday.
Amendola tweaked his groin late in the first half of Sunday’s win, only to come back in the second half and catch seven balls on eight targets for 64 yards, including four catches on the game-winning drive at the end of the game.
Vereen was absent on Monday while Amendola was listed as limited. The Patriots play the Jets Thursday night at Gillette Stadium in their official home opener.
Bill Belichick was asked why the team decided to have walkthroughs instead of practice.
“The decision was we did what we felt was best for the team to prepare for the game,” Belichick said. “We feel like this is the best way to do it.”
Asked if the injuries to Vereen, Amendola, Zach Sudfeld (hamstring), Rob Gronkowski (back) and Aaron Dobson (hamstring) played into the thinking, Belichick said, “Everything. It’s just what we feel is best.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Comments on Friendship with President Donald Trump
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself