LT: Rex once told us he was going to punch Bill Belichick in the face
|09.10.13 at 8:31 pm ET|
Rex Ryan has toned down his act over the years, but the stories of his motivational techniques — especially when it comes to Patriots-Jets game — are the stuff of legend.
“We were playing the Patriots one time,” said Tomlinson with a chuckle. “Rex is a master motivator, and it was going to be a big game, a heated rivalry game. Rex got in front of us and he said, ‘I’m going to set the tempo when I meet Bill Belichick in the center of the field, I’m going to punch him in the face.’ We loved that. I loved that from Rex.”
Tomlinson said it was simply one way Ryan used to motivate his team.
‘Rex is a master motivator; that’s the way I like to describe Rex,” Tomlinson said. “An excellent defensive coach ‘ we know that from his Baltimore days ‘ but he’s a master motivator. Rex really knew how to pump up his teams and get them ready to play. That’s one of the things that I really enjoyed about Rex, is when I stepped in that meeting room the night before the game, I knew I was going to be ready to play.’
For video of Tomlinson’s stories about Ryan, click here.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty