Report: Danny Amendola ‘almost certain’ to miss Jets game
|09.10.13 at 11:44 am ET|
FOXBORO — Danny Amendola put it all on the line in the second half Sunday in a dramatic 23-21 win over the Bills. As it turns out, that performance may have come at a price.
Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network reports that the wide receiver is ‘almost certain’ to miss Thursday’s game against the Jets with a groin injury.
Rapoport’s colleague Albert Breer adds that the severity of the injury is still being evaluated by the Patriots medical staff. Amendola appeared to tweak his groin late in the first half as he was running a crossing route in the end zone. He came out limping to the sideline and didn’t play the rest of the first half.
Amendola caught 10 passes Sunday for 104 yards, including seven in the second half and four on the game-winning drive that led to Stephen Gostkowski‘s 35-yard field goal with five seconds left.
Amendola was not spotted at Tuesday’s walkthrough on the upper grass fields outside Gillette, another sign that he is likely to not be ready for Thursday’s games against the Jets in Foxboro.
Before signing with the Patriots this season, Amendola had played in just in just 12 of his team’s 32 games over the last two seasons due to various injuries.
#Patriots WR Danny Amendola, who turned in a gutty 104-yard performance in the opener, is almost certain to miss the Jets game, source says
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 10, 2013
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Betting: Patriots vs. Giants Odds, Preseason Analysis
- Terrance Knighton Cut by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion