Report: Pats sign A.J. Francis back to practice squad
|09.10.13 at 10:03 am ET|
FOXBORO — A.J. Francis is back in New England.
The defensive tackle out of Maryland, who was cut from the active roster Saturday, was signed to the Patriots’ practice squad on Monday night, according to a NESN.com report.
Francis was on the active roster before being cut on Saturday. The Patriots had eight players on the practice squad as of Monday so the team will have to cut a player to make room. The team has not officially announced the move as Bill Belichick said the team did not have any roster moves to announce at the end of his press conference on Tuesday morning.
Francis had four sacks and nine tackles for loss as a senior at Maryland. Joe Vellano, a teammate of Francis at Maryland, currently serves as a backup behind Vince Wilfork and Tommy Kelly on the active roster. Francis was initially signed by the Patriots off waivers from the Dolphins on Sept. 1. He practiced with the team last week before being waived.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Comments on Friendship with President Donald Trump
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself