Report: Pats sign A.J. Francis back to practice squad
|09.10.13 at 10:03 am ET|
FOXBORO — A.J. Francis is back in New England.
The defensive tackle out of Maryland, who was cut from the active roster Saturday, was signed to the Patriots’ practice squad on Monday night, according to a NESN.com report.
Francis was on the active roster before being cut on Saturday. The Patriots had eight players on the practice squad as of Monday so the team will have to cut a player to make room. The team has not officially announced the move as Bill Belichick said the team did not have any roster moves to announce at the end of his press conference on Tuesday morning.
Francis had four sacks and nine tackles for loss as a senior at Maryland. Joe Vellano, a teammate of Francis at Maryland, currently serves as a backup behind Vince Wilfork and Tommy Kelly on the active roster. Francis was initially signed by the Patriots off waivers from the Dolphins on Sept. 1. He practiced with the team last week before being waived.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Glenn Gronkowski to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and...
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...