Report: Pats sign A.J. Francis back to practice squad
|09.10.13 at 10:03 am ET|
FOXBORO — A.J. Francis is back in New England.
The defensive tackle out of Maryland, who was cut from the active roster Saturday, was signed to the Patriots’ practice squad on Monday night, according to a NESN.com report.
Francis was on the active roster before being cut on Saturday. The Patriots had eight players on the practice squad as of Monday so the team will have to cut a player to make room. The team has not officially announced the move as Bill Belichick said the team did not have any roster moves to announce at the end of his press conference on Tuesday morning.
Francis had four sacks and nine tackles for loss as a senior at Maryland. Joe Vellano, a teammate of Francis at Maryland, currently serves as a backup behind Vince Wilfork and Tommy Kelly on the active roster. Francis was initially signed by the Patriots off waivers from the Dolphins on Sept. 1. He practiced with the team last week before being waived.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...
- Martellus Bennett, Chris Hogan, James White Post-Week 5 Fantasy Advice
- Patriots vs. Browns: Full Report Card Grades for New England