Report: Patriots have reached out to WR Brandon Lloyd
|09.11.13 at 2:37 pm ET|
The Patriots have made overtures to wide receiver Brandon Lloyd regarding a possible return to Foxboro, according to Pro Football Talk.
New England is one of six teams that have reportedly reached out to Lloyd about returning for the 2013 season, but the receiver — who was cut by the Patriots this past spring after one year in Foxboro — has rejected all offers, and is apparently considering whether or not he wants to retire.
The 32-year-old Lloyd had 74 catches for 911 yards and four touchdowns last season with the Patriots, his only one in New England. Overall, the Illinois product has spent 10 years in the NFL, and has 385 catches for 5,695 yards and 35 touchdowns.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied