Danny Amendola, Rob Gronkowski, Zach Sudfeld all inactive for Patriots
|09.12.13 at 7:01 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots will be without their top two tight ends and their top receiver when they take on the Jets Thursday night as Zach Sudfeld (hamstring), Rob Gronkowski (back/forearm) and Danny Amendola (groin) are all inactive.
Amendola is missing the game after re-injuring his groin last Sunday while Gronkowski is out again as he recovers from offseason back and forearm surgeries.
Rounding out the list is running back Brandon Bolden (knee), rookie linebacker Steve Beauharnais (healthy), offensive lineman Will Svitek (knee) and newly-added defensive lineman Chris Jones (healthy).
On Tuesday, the Patriots placed running back Shane Vereen on injured reserve with a broken left wrist. He will be unavailable until Week 11.
Amendola will likely miss 2-6 weeks, according to a report from the NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
One player returning Thursday will be rookie receiver Aaron Dobson, who missed the opener and did not travel to Buffalo because of a hamstring injury. Dobson figures to see action behind Kenbrell Thompkins and Julian Edelman.
For the Jets, wide receiver Jeremy Kerley (concussion) and linebacker Quinton Coples (ankle) are out.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty