Danny Amendola, Rob Gronkowski, Zach Sudfeld all inactive for Patriots
|09.12.13 at 7:01 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots will be without their top two tight ends and their top receiver when they take on the Jets Thursday night as Zach Sudfeld (hamstring), Rob Gronkowski (back/forearm) and Danny Amendola (groin) are all inactive.
Amendola is missing the game after re-injuring his groin last Sunday while Gronkowski is out again as he recovers from offseason back and forearm surgeries.
Rounding out the list is running back Brandon Bolden (knee), rookie linebacker Steve Beauharnais (healthy), offensive lineman Will Svitek (knee) and newly-added defensive lineman Chris Jones (healthy).
On Tuesday, the Patriots placed running back Shane Vereen on injured reserve with a broken left wrist. He will be unavailable until Week 11.
Amendola will likely miss 2-6 weeks, according to a report from the NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
One player returning Thursday will be rookie receiver Aaron Dobson, who missed the opener and did not travel to Buffalo because of a hamstring injury. Dobson figures to see action behind Kenbrell Thompkins and Julian Edelman.
For the Jets, wide receiver Jeremy Kerley (concussion) and linebacker Quinton Coples (ankle) are out.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied