Danny Amendola, Rob Gronkowski, Zach Sudfeld all inactive for Patriots
|09.12.13 at 7:01 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots will be without their top two tight ends and their top receiver when they take on the Jets Thursday night as Zach Sudfeld (hamstring), Rob Gronkowski (back/forearm) and Danny Amendola (groin) are all inactive.
Amendola is missing the game after re-injuring his groin last Sunday while Gronkowski is out again as he recovers from offseason back and forearm surgeries.
Rounding out the list is running back Brandon Bolden (knee), rookie linebacker Steve Beauharnais (healthy), offensive lineman Will Svitek (knee) and newly-added defensive lineman Chris Jones (healthy).
On Tuesday, the Patriots placed running back Shane Vereen on injured reserve with a broken left wrist. He will be unavailable until Week 11.
Amendola will likely miss 2-6 weeks, according to a report from the NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
One player returning Thursday will be rookie receiver Aaron Dobson, who missed the opener and did not travel to Buffalo because of a hamstring injury. Dobson figures to see action behind Kenbrell Thompkins and Julian Edelman.
For the Jets, wide receiver Jeremy Kerley (concussion) and linebacker Quinton Coples (ankle) are out.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Malcolm Butler Contract: Latest News, Rumors
- Patriots DT Plans to Recruit Kevin Durant to Celtics
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense