Report: Danny Amendola out 2-6 weeks
|09.12.13 at 6:53 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Danny Amendola will miss between two and six weeks of action after tweaking a groin injury in the season-opening win over the Bills last Sunday, according to a report from the NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
Amendola was listed on the first injury report of the season with a groin injury and played with no apparent issues in the first quarter. But on a crossing route in the end zone late in the second quarter Sunday, he reached for his groin and sat out the remainder of the half.
He returned in the second half to catch seven passes, including four on the game-winning drive that ended in Stephen Gostkowski‘s 35-yard field goal. Amendola finished with 10 catches on 14 targets for 104 yards.
Amendola missed the third preseason game against the Lions with what at the time was an unspecified injury suffered in the second preseason game against Tampa Bay. He has not said if the groin injury was what kept him out in the third preseason week.
Amendola will miss Thursday’s game against the Jets and has played in just 13 of his team’s last 33 games dating back to the beginning of the 2011 season.
From @RapSheet: 'Danny Amendola could miss 2-6 weeks for the Patriots'
— NFL Network (@nflnetwork) September 12, 2013
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old