Report: Zach Sudfeld (hamstring) inactive
|09.12.13 at 6:26 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots will be without Zach Sudfeld for Thursday night’s game against the Jets, according to a report from Ben Volin of the Boston Globe.
The rookie tight end strained his hamstring during last Sunday’s 23-21 win over the Bills in Buffalo and was listed as limited all week during walkthroughs.
Sudfeld made big headlines in training camp and the preseason when he caught eight passes for 101 yards and a touchdown. Last week Sudfeld was targeted once on a pass from Tom Brady that ended up in an interception.
With Sudfeld inactive and Rob Gronkowski (back/forearm) likely out again, the tight end burden falls on Matthew Mulligan and Michael Hoomanawanui.
I'm told #Patriots TE Zach Sudfeld (hamstring) will be inactive tonight. Pats only TEs are Hooman and Matthew Mulligan
— Ben Volin (@BenVolin) September 12, 2013
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...