Patriots sign OL Josh Kline to practice squad
|09.13.13 at 6:16 pm ET|
The Patriots shuffled their practice squad on Friday, adding offensive lineman Josh Kline and releasing offensive lineman R.J. Dill.
Kline, 23, originally joined the Patriots as a rookie free agent out of Kent State on May 3, and was released on Sept. 2, before being re-signed to the practice squad on Sept. 4. The 6-foot-3, 295-pounder was signed from the practice squad to the 53-man roster on Sept. 7, the day before the Patriots opener at Buffalo. He dressed but did not play against the Bills. He was released from the 53-man roster on Sept. 12. Kline saw action at right guard, right tackle and on special teams during his college career at Kent State. He earned second-team All-MAC honors as a senior in 2012.
Dill, 23, was originally signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars as a rookie free agent out of Rutgers on April 28 and was released by the Jaguars on Aug. 30. He was signed to the Patriots practice squad on Sept. 3. The 6-foot-6, 316-pounder started all 13 games at right tackle for Rutgers in 2012 after transferring from Maryland following the 2011 season. He was a three-year starter at Maryland.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick