Patriots sign OL Josh Kline to practice squad
|09.13.13 at 6:16 pm ET|
The Patriots shuffled their practice squad on Friday, adding offensive lineman Josh Kline and releasing offensive lineman R.J. Dill.
Kline, 23, originally joined the Patriots as a rookie free agent out of Kent State on May 3, and was released on Sept. 2, before being re-signed to the practice squad on Sept. 4. The 6-foot-3, 295-pounder was signed from the practice squad to the 53-man roster on Sept. 7, the day before the Patriots opener at Buffalo. He dressed but did not play against the Bills. He was released from the 53-man roster on Sept. 12. Kline saw action at right guard, right tackle and on special teams during his college career at Kent State. He earned second-team All-MAC honors as a senior in 2012.
Dill, 23, was originally signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars as a rookie free agent out of Rutgers on April 28 and was released by the Jaguars on Aug. 30. He was signed to the Patriots practice squad on Sept. 3. The 6-foot-6, 316-pounder started all 13 games at right tackle for Rutgers in 2012 after transferring from Maryland following the 2011 season. He was a three-year starter at Maryland.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Conor McDermott NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for Seattle Seahawks'...
- Deatrich Wise Jr NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for New England...
- Brandin Cooks' Contract Option Reportedly Exercised by Patriots
- Derek Rivers Becomes 1st Player Drafted by Super Bowl Champion Patriots...
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season