Alfonzo Dennard admits to violating probation but remains free after court appearance
|09.16.13 at 12:23 pm ET|
Patriots cornerback Alfonzo Dennard, appearing in a Nebraska courtroom Monday morning, admitted to violating the terms of his probation when he was arrested for DUI on July 11.
According to reports out of Lincoln, Neb., Dennard told the judge he drank two beers at 9 p.m. and then drove his girlfriend’s car 4½ hours later.
The judge agreed that Dennard violated his probation and ordered an updated investigation on Dennard’s behavior, allowing the player to remain to remain on probation until sentencing on Dec. 5.
Dennard is scheduled to appear in court for the DUI case on Oct. 8.
In February, Dennard was found guilty of assaulting a police officer in Lincoln in an incident from April 2012. He was later sentenced to 30 days in jail to be served next March along with probation.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video