Alfonzo Dennard admits to violating probation but remains free after court appearance
|09.16.13 at 12:23 pm ET|
Patriots cornerback Alfonzo Dennard, appearing in a Nebraska courtroom Monday morning, admitted to violating the terms of his probation when he was arrested for DUI on July 11.
According to reports out of Lincoln, Neb., Dennard told the judge he drank two beers at 9 p.m. and then drove his girlfriend’s car 4½ hours later.
The judge agreed that Dennard violated his probation and ordered an updated investigation on Dennard’s behavior, allowing the player to remain to remain on probation until sentencing on Dec. 5.
Dennard is scheduled to appear in court for the DUI case on Oct. 8.
In February, Dennard was found guilty of assaulting a police officer in Lincoln in an incident from April 2012. He was later sentenced to 30 days in jail to be served next March along with probation.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Place Aaron Dobson on IR
- Belichick's Heart Grew 3 Sizes Today
- Patriots Still Face Heavyweight Showdown vs. Broncos
- Pats Need Defense to Continue Recent Success
- Biggest Takeaways from Patriots' Week 11 Win
- Pats' 13th Straight Season With 10+ Wins
- Patriots vs. Broncos: Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick