Alfonzo Dennard admits to violating probation but remains free after court appearance
|09.16.13 at 12:23 pm ET|
Patriots cornerback Alfonzo Dennard, appearing in a Nebraska courtroom Monday morning, admitted to violating the terms of his probation when he was arrested for DUI on July 11.
According to reports out of Lincoln, Neb., Dennard told the judge he drank two beers at 9 p.m. and then drove his girlfriend’s car 4½ hours later.
The judge agreed that Dennard violated his probation and ordered an updated investigation on Dennard’s behavior, allowing the player to remain to remain on probation until sentencing on Dec. 5.
Dennard is scheduled to appear in court for the DUI case on Oct. 8.
In February, Dennard was found guilty of assaulting a police officer in Lincoln in an incident from April 2012. He was later sentenced to 30 days in jail to be served next March along with probation.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal