Alfonzo Dennard admits to violating probation but remains free after court appearance
|09.16.13 at 12:23 pm ET|
Patriots cornerback Alfonzo Dennard, appearing in a Nebraska courtroom Monday morning, admitted to violating the terms of his probation when he was arrested for DUI on July 11.
According to reports out of Lincoln, Neb., Dennard told the judge he drank two beers at 9 p.m. and then drove his girlfriend’s car 4½ hours later.
The judge agreed that Dennard violated his probation and ordered an updated investigation on Dennard’s behavior, allowing the player to remain to remain on probation until sentencing on Dec. 5.
Dennard is scheduled to appear in court for the DUI case on Oct. 8.
In February, Dennard was found guilty of assaulting a police officer in Lincoln in an incident from April 2012. He was later sentenced to 30 days in jail to be served next March along with probation.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free-Agent OL Pats Should Target This Offseason
- FA WRs Patriots Should Target This Offseason
- Report: Montee Ball Released by Patriots
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty