Danny Amendola at practice with Patriots, but moving gingerly
|09.16.13 at 4:04 pm ET|
Danny Amendola was at practice with the Patriots on Monday, but according to reports, he appeared to be extremely limited in what he could do. The wide receiver, who reportedly has some sort of groin or abdominal injury, was present, but cornerbacks Alfonzo Dennard, Aqib Talib and special teamer Matthew Slater were not there for practice, which was held on the practice fields behind Gillette Stadium in shells.
The nature of Talib’s injury is unknown, but he was part of the scrap at the end of last Thursday’s Jets game, and could be dealing with some of the residual effects of what happened on the play where New York offensive lineman Nick Mangold dove at his legs after the cornerback jumped out of bounds after a late-game interception. Dennard was not expected to be present as he was in Nebraska dealing with a legal issue, while Slater reportedly is suffering from a broken hand.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...