Report: Rob Gronkowski 50-50 for Sunday’s game vs. Bucs
|09.17.13 at 12:14 pm ET|
The Patriots are “increasingly optimistic” that Rob Gronkowski will be back on the field sooner rather than later. According to Ed Werder of ESPN, there’s a 50-50 chance he makes his return to the lineup Sunday against Tampa Bay.
The tight end, who has yet to play this season because of a variety of offseason surgeries to his back and forearm, would certainly provide a jolt to the New England passing, which has struggled without several familiar faces in the lineup.
In addition, several outlets are reporting that special teams captain Matthew Slater will miss upcoming games because of a hand or wrist injury. Slater apparently suffered the injury in last Thursday’s win over the Jets.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades