Report: Rob Gronkowski 50-50 for Sunday’s game vs. Bucs
|09.17.13 at 12:14 pm ET|
The Patriots are “increasingly optimistic” that Rob Gronkowski will be back on the field sooner rather than later. According to Ed Werder of ESPN, there’s a 50-50 chance he makes his return to the lineup Sunday against Tampa Bay.
The tight end, who has yet to play this season because of a variety of offseason surgeries to his back and forearm, would certainly provide a jolt to the New England passing, which has struggled without several familiar faces in the lineup.
In addition, several outlets are reporting that special teams captain Matthew Slater will miss upcoming games because of a hand or wrist injury. Slater apparently suffered the injury in last Thursday’s win over the Jets.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report
- Report: Edelman's Wk 1 Status Uncertain
- Is Signing Wayne a Smart Move for Pats?
- NFL Files Letter in Response to Brady's Case Examples