Report: Rob Gronkowski 50-50 for Sunday’s game vs. Bucs
|09.17.13 at 12:14 pm ET|
The Patriots are “increasingly optimistic” that Rob Gronkowski will be back on the field sooner rather than later. According to Ed Werder of ESPN, there’s a 50-50 chance he makes his return to the lineup Sunday against Tampa Bay.
The tight end, who has yet to play this season because of a variety of offseason surgeries to his back and forearm, would certainly provide a jolt to the New England passing, which has struggled without several familiar faces in the lineup.
In addition, several outlets are reporting that special teams captain Matthew Slater will miss upcoming games because of a hand or wrist injury. Slater apparently suffered the injury in last Thursday’s win over the Jets.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal