Bill Belichick thinks Rob Gronkowski ‘looks great sitting in a meeting’
|09.18.13 at 11:24 am ET|
FOXBORO — Bill Belichick showed his stand-up comedy skills on Wednesday when asked the almost-daily update on the status of Rob Gronkowski. Belichick spoke to the media just before 10 a.m. as he was preparing to head out to practice.
“We haven’t practiced today, we’ve just been sitting in a meeting. He looks great sitting in a meeting,” Belichick said.
There was the natural follow-up. What could a player like Gronkowski bring to the Patriots offense if he returns this Sunday, as many have speculated would be the case.
“We’ll see. We’ll see when we get him out there,” he said of Gronkowski on the practice field.
Gronkowski has practiced both weeks before New England’s first two games but has been limited every time. On Wednesday, Gronkowski was again on the practice field in full pads, going through full team drills.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed