Bill Belichick thinks Rob Gronkowski ‘looks great sitting in a meeting’
|09.18.13 at 11:24 am ET|
FOXBORO — Bill Belichick showed his stand-up comedy skills on Wednesday when asked the almost-daily update on the status of Rob Gronkowski. Belichick spoke to the media just before 10 a.m. as he was preparing to head out to practice.
“We haven’t practiced today, we’ve just been sitting in a meeting. He looks great sitting in a meeting,” Belichick said.
There was the natural follow-up. What could a player like Gronkowski bring to the Patriots offense if he returns this Sunday, as many have speculated would be the case.
“We’ll see. We’ll see when we get him out there,” he said of Gronkowski on the practice field.
Gronkowski has practiced both weeks before New England’s first two games but has been limited every time. On Wednesday, Gronkowski was again on the practice field in full pads, going through full team drills.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Says He Has No Interest in Pursuing Coaching Career
- New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England