Bill Belichick thinks Rob Gronkowski ‘looks great sitting in a meeting’
|09.18.13 at 11:24 am ET|
FOXBORO — Bill Belichick showed his stand-up comedy skills on Wednesday when asked the almost-daily update on the status of Rob Gronkowski. Belichick spoke to the media just before 10 a.m. as he was preparing to head out to practice.
“We haven’t practiced today, we’ve just been sitting in a meeting. He looks great sitting in a meeting,” Belichick said.
There was the natural follow-up. What could a player like Gronkowski bring to the Patriots offense if he returns this Sunday, as many have speculated would be the case.
“We’ll see. We’ll see when we get him out there,” he said of Gronkowski on the practice field.
Gronkowski has practiced both weeks before New England’s first two games but has been limited every time. On Wednesday, Gronkowski was again on the practice field in full pads, going through full team drills.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble
- Report: Lombardi Leaving Pats Front Office