Bill Belichick thinks Rob Gronkowski ‘looks great sitting in a meeting’
|09.18.13 at 11:24 am ET|
FOXBORO — Bill Belichick showed his stand-up comedy skills on Wednesday when asked the almost-daily update on the status of Rob Gronkowski. Belichick spoke to the media just before 10 a.m. as he was preparing to head out to practice.
“We haven’t practiced today, we’ve just been sitting in a meeting. He looks great sitting in a meeting,” Belichick said.
There was the natural follow-up. What could a player like Gronkowski bring to the Patriots offense if he returns this Sunday, as many have speculated would be the case.
“We’ll see. We’ll see when we get him out there,” he said of Gronkowski on the practice field.
Gronkowski has practiced both weeks before New England’s first two games but has been limited every time. On Wednesday, Gronkowski was again on the practice field in full pads, going through full team drills.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Deatrich Wise Jr NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for New England...
- Brandin Cooks' Contract Option Reportedly Exercised by Patriots
- Derek Rivers Becomes 1st Player Drafted by Super Bowl Champion Patriots...
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...