Patriots practice Wednesday: Rob Gronkowski, Danny Amendola in full pads practice
|09.18.13 at 10:49 am ET|
FOXBORO — Rob Gronkowski and Danny Amendola were both in attendance for the media portion of Wednesday’s practice on the grass fields outside Gillette Stadium. Also on hand was Aqib Talib, who was missing on Monday.
Talib’s absence from Monday’s practice raised speculation about a possible injury from a hit by Jets center Nick Mangold on the sideline in the closing seconds last Thursday.
The Patriots practiced in full pads in preparation for their game with the Buccaneers this Sunday at Gillette Stadium.
Gronkowski has practiced both before both games this season but has yet to be active for a game as he builds his conditioning back up from offseason forearm and back surgeries.
Amendola appeared very limited in lateral movement on Wednesday as he suffered a groin injury in Week 1 and did not play in Week 2 against the Jets. The Boston Herald reports that the receiver has decided to forego surgery on a possible sports hernia for the time being and is hopeful to miss only a few week with the injury.
Amendola reportedly has torn adductors in his hip and was just lightly running, going through agility drills before catching some soft passes. Amendola did not take part in all drills.
The only players missing were Matthew Slater and Marquice Cole. Slater is expected to be out at least four weeks with a broken wrist suffered in the Jets game while Cole is out with an unspecified issue, though the Boston Globe’s Ben Volin reports that Cole was excused to go home and be on hand for the birth of his child.
Also told that CB Marquice Cole has been excused from practice the last few days to fly back home for the birth of his child
— Ben Volin (@BenVolin) September 18, 2013
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Says He Has No Interest in Pursuing Coaching Career
- New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England