Pressure Points: Which New England defenders have done best job of getting after QB this season?
|09.18.13 at 8:35 pm ET|
Every week over the course of the 2013 season, we’ll provide a look at the Patriots pass rush numbers. While sacks can be overrated, when evaluated as part of a bigger picture that includes quarterback hits and quarterback pressures (the latter courtesy of Pro Football Focus), it should provide a good picture as to which defenders are consistently able to get after the quarterback. Through two games, the Patriots have four sacks (tied for 16th in the league), 13 quarterback hits and 16 quarterback hurries. Based on the official NFL game books and PFF, here’s a quick look at some pass-rush numbers for the Patriots to this point in the 2013 season:
DL Chandler Jones: 2 (16 yards)
DE Michael Buchanan: 1 (6 yards)
DL Tommy Kelly: 1 (3 yards)
Quarterback hurries (per PFF)
DE Chandler Jones: 8
DE Rob Ninkovich: 4
DL Vince Wilfork: 2
DL Tommy Kelly: 1
DE Michael Buchanan: 1
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal