Patriots practice Thursday: Marquice Cole returns, Matthew Slater only player missing
|09.19.13 at 11:19 am ET|
FOXBORO — Rob Gronkowski and Danny Amendola were both in attendance again for the media portion of Thursday’s practice on the grass fields outside Gillette Stadium. The media was only able to observe stretching Thursday so there was no indication of how much either participated in offensive plays.
Amendola was only spotted doing light running drills while Gronkowski appeared to be getting ready to take snaps with the first team offense before the media availability ended.
Matthew Slater was the only player missing from practice as Marquice Cole returned from an absence to be on hand for the birth of his child earlier in the week.
After Wednesday’s full pads practice, the Patriots practiced in shorts and shells on Thursday in preparation for their game with the Buccaneers this Sunday at Gillette Stadium.
Gronkowski has practiced both before both games this season but has yet to be active for a game as he builds his conditioning back up from offseason forearm and back surgeries.
On Wednesday, Amendola appeared very limited in lateral movement as he suffered a groin injury in Week 1 and did not play in Week 2 against the Jets. The Boston Herald reports that the receiver has decided to forego surgery on a possible sports hernia for the time being and is hopeful to miss only a few week with the injury.
- Alfonzo Dennard's Sentence Extended
- New England Patriots resign WR Austin Collie
- New England Patriots Links 12/05/13 - Alfonzo Dennard to Find Out Legal...
- 2013 Week 13 Patriots Power Rankings
- Patriots Are Reliant on Rookies, But Still Winning
- New England Patriots Links 12/04/13 - Patriots Preparing For All Browns...
- NFL Playoff Picture: Where do the Patriots Stand After 12 Games?