Report: Jeff Triplette assigned as referee for Patriots-Bucs
|09.19.13 at 12:34 pm ET|
Jeff Triplette has been assigned to work as the referee for the Patriots-Bucs game, according to our pals at FootballZebras.com. Triplette should be pretty familiar with these two teams — he and his crew worked the preseason game between the two teams last month at Gillette Stadium.
Triplette, a retired Army reserve colonel, became a referee in 1999. The last regular-season New England game Triplette was assigned to work was the Patriots-Jags game in Jacksonville last December. Last year, he also worked the Patriots-Jets game on Oct. 21 at Gillette Stadium. For more on his history as an official, click HERE.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal