Report: Jeff Triplette assigned as referee for Patriots-Bucs
|09.19.13 at 12:34 pm ET|
Jeff Triplette has been assigned to work as the referee for the Patriots-Bucs game, according to our pals at FootballZebras.com. Triplette should be pretty familiar with these two teams — he and his crew worked the preseason game between the two teams last month at Gillette Stadium.
Triplette, a retired Army reserve colonel, became a referee in 1999. The last regular-season New England game Triplette was assigned to work was the Patriots-Jags game in Jacksonville last December. Last year, he also worked the Patriots-Jets game on Oct. 21 at Gillette Stadium. For more on his history as an official, click HERE.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Report: Montee Ball Released by Patriots
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason