Report: Jeff Triplette assigned as referee for Patriots-Bucs
|09.19.13 at 12:34 pm ET|
Jeff Triplette has been assigned to work as the referee for the Patriots-Bucs game, according to our pals at FootballZebras.com. Triplette should be pretty familiar with these two teams — he and his crew worked the preseason game between the two teams last month at Gillette Stadium.
Triplette, a retired Army reserve colonel, became a referee in 1999. The last regular-season New England game Triplette was assigned to work was the Patriots-Jags game in Jacksonville last December. Last year, he also worked the Patriots-Jets game on Oct. 21 at Gillette Stadium. For more on his history as an official, click HERE.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report
- Report: Edelman's Wk 1 Status Uncertain
- Is Signing Wayne a Smart Move for Pats?
- NFL Files Letter in Response to Brady's Case Examples
- Even with Empty Tank, Wayne Fits with Pats