Report: Jeff Triplette assigned as referee for Patriots-Bucs
|09.19.13 at 12:34 pm ET|
Jeff Triplette has been assigned to work as the referee for the Patriots-Bucs game, according to our pals at FootballZebras.com. Triplette should be pretty familiar with these two teams — he and his crew worked the preseason game between the two teams last month at Gillette Stadium.
Triplette, a retired Army reserve colonel, became a referee in 1999. The last regular-season New England game Triplette was assigned to work was the Patriots-Jags game in Jacksonville last December. Last year, he also worked the Patriots-Jets game on Oct. 21 at Gillette Stadium. For more on his history as an official, click HERE.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...