Bill Belichick on Rob Gronkowski: ‘I think he’s getting better every day’
|09.20.13 at 11:08 am ET|
FOXBORO — It was certainly far from a declaration of his readiness to play on Sunday but Bill Belichick did offer an update on Rob Gronkowski when asked Friday morning if the star tight end might make his 2013 debut against Tampa Bay.
“Rob’s been out there. I think he’s getting better every day,” Belichick said. “[He's] working hard. No question about that.”
Gronkowski has been practicing with the Patriots every day the team has had practice since he was activated off PUP on Aug. 31. But he has been listed as “limited” on practice participation reports, including both this week, as he gets back into game condition after offseason back and forearm surgeries.
Earlier this week, ESPN’s Ed Werder reported that Gronkowski was 50-50 to play on Sunday but those expectations have reportedly dropped since. The Patriots may try to get by for another week without Gronkowski as they are playing a Tampa Bay team that has scored just 31 points in their first two games, both losses.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick