Bill Belichick on Rob Gronkowski: ‘I think he’s getting better every day’
|09.20.13 at 11:08 am ET|
FOXBORO — It was certainly far from a declaration of his readiness to play on Sunday but Bill Belichick did offer an update on Rob Gronkowski when asked Friday morning if the star tight end might make his 2013 debut against Tampa Bay.
“Rob’s been out there. I think he’s getting better every day,” Belichick said. “[He’s] working hard. No question about that.”
Gronkowski has been practicing with the Patriots every day the team has had practice since he was activated off PUP on Aug. 31. But he has been listed as “limited” on practice participation reports, including both this week, as he gets back into game condition after offseason back and forearm surgeries.
Earlier this week, ESPN’s Ed Werder reported that Gronkowski was 50-50 to play on Sunday but those expectations have reportedly dropped since. The Patriots may try to get by for another week without Gronkowski as they are playing a Tampa Bay team that has scored just 31 points in their first two games, both losses.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Derek Rivers Becomes 1st Player Drafted by Super Bowl Champion Patriots...
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft