Patriots practice Friday: Only Matthew Slater missing
|09.20.13 at 10:47 am ET|
FOXBORO — As the Patriots fine tuned their preparations for the Buccaneers this Sunday at Gillette Stadium, Matthew Slater was the only player not accounted for at shorts and shells practice Friday on the upper grass fields under sunny, ideal conditions.
Slater, the captain of special teams and the unit’s top gunner, is expected to miss 4-6 weeks with a broken wrist suffered in the Week 2 win over the Jets.
Rob Gronkowski and Danny Amendola were both in attendance again for the media portion of practice outside Gillette Stadium. Like Thursday, the media was only able to observe stretching so there was no indication of how much either participated in offensive plays.
Gronkowski has practiced both before both games this season but has yet to be active for a game as he builds his conditioning back up from offseason forearm and back surgeries.
On Wednesday, Amendola appeared very limited in lateral movement as he suffered a groin injury in Week 1 and did not play in Week 2 against the Jets. The Boston Herald reports that the receiver has decided to forego surgery on a possible sports hernia for the time being and is hopeful to miss only a few week with the injury.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...