A closer look at inactives for Patriots-Buccaneers
|09.22.13 at 11:43 am ET|
FOXBORO — No big surprises when it comes to the Patriots list of in actives that were recently released: offensive lineman Will Svitek, running back Leon Washington, tight end Rob Gronkowski, special teamer Matt Slater, wide receiver Danny Amendola, linebacker Steve Beauharnais and defensive lineman Chris Jones.
No surprise when it comes to Slater, Amendola and Gronkowski — Slater was ruled out earlier in the week, while Amendola and Gronkowski were considered long shots to make the cut regardless. Svitek has struggled with a knee injury over the course of the summer and now, into the regular season. Meanwhile, Beauharnais is a healthy scratch and Jones is a new face who is still clearly getting up to speed in the program.
Two names who are not on the list who could have a sizable impact on things against the Bucs: tight end Zach Sudfeld and running back Brandon Bolden. Sudfeld, who has been slowed by a hamstring issue, should see some serious time against Tampa. Meanwhile, Bolden has had knee issues over the course of the summer and into the start of the season, but should see some reps both in special teams and on offense in his first game action of the year.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...