Target Practice: Tracking opportunities in Patriots passing game
|09.24.13 at 7:00 am ET|
Targets have been compiled by the NFL since the start of the 2009 season, and while it remains a vaguely imperfect stat ‘ a badly thrown ball from a quarterback can often go against the record of the receiver as opposed to the quarterback ‘ it remains a good indication of the confidence level a passer might have in his pass catcher. Here’s a look at the target breakdown for the New England passing game after the first three games of the 2013 season:
WR Julian Edelman: 27 catches on 34 targets
WR Danny Amendola: 10 catches on 14 targets
WR Aaron Dobson: 10 catches on 20 targets
WR Kenbrell Thompkins: 9 catches on 28 targets
RB Shane Vereen: 7 catches on 10 targets
RB Brandon Bolden: 5 catches on 6 targets
TE Michael Hoomanawanui: 3 catch on 5 targets
RB Stevan Ridley: 1 catch on 1 target
FB James Develin: 1 catch on 1 target
WR Josh Boyce: 0 catches on 3 targets
TE Zach Sudfeld: 0 catches on 3 targets
RB Leon Washington: 0 catches on 1 target
RB LeGarrette Blount: 0 catches on 1 target
Wide receiver: 56 catches on 99 targets
Running back/fullback: 14 catches on 20 targets
Tight end: 3 catches on 8 targets
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...