Patriots practice Wednesday: No Sebastian Vollmer, Matthew Slater
|09.25.13 at 10:39 am ET|
The team practiced in full pads as they prepare for the Falcons on Sunday night at the Georgia Dome.
Slater is out 4-6 weeks after breaking his wrist in the Sept. 12 game against the Jets while Vollmer appeared to injure his foot in the first half of Sunday’s win over Tampa Bay.
Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald reported that Vollmer sustained “only” a foot sprain and the injury is not considered serious. Still, his availability this Sunday night is in question.
Vollmer did not play in the second half and was replaced at right tackle by Marcus Cannon. Vollmer was not spotted in the locker room but was seen leaving Gillette Stadium in a walking boot, according to a report from Comcast’s Mike Giardi.
If the Patriots lose the 6-foot-8, 320-pound right tackle, the depth impact could be felt immediately as they face road tests in Atlanta and Cincinnati in back-to-back weeks before hosting New Orleans. In his third season, Cannon did play well in the second half against Tampa Bay as the Patriots played with the lead.
Danny Amendola (groin) appeared to be moving slightly better but was still not at full speed. Amendola has missed the last two games after reinjuring his groin in Week 1 at Buffalo.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction