Rob Gronkowski: ‘I’m just improving every week’
|09.25.13 at 2:25 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Rob Gronkowski has learned a thing or two from his coach.
Pressed by the media for a health update on Wednesday, the tight end didn’t offer any details regarding his medical condition.
“There really isn’t an update,” said Gronkowski, who has yet to play this season in the wake of offseason surgeries on his forearm and back. “You know how we go — just improving every week.”
Gronkowski was upgraded last week from doubtful to questionable in the days leading up to last Sunday’s game against the Bucs, but he’s pleading ignorance as to whether or not that means he’s closer to playing Sunday against the Falcons.
“I don’t know even know. I don’t know how any of that works out,” Gronkowski said with a smile. “I still don’t understand how that works, doubtful, questionable. I mean, I guess — like I said — I’ve been improving every week, so whoever makes that call must have seen some good improvement to be doubtful to questionable.”
Gronkowski acknowledged that the rehab process isn’t just about taking care of the injury, but returning to playing strength.
“My strength is improving every week, and that’s all I can ask for right now,” said Gronkowski. “It’s definitely improved greatly from four weeks ago, and [it's] improving every week from when I started.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
- Patriots vs. Browns: Three Takeaways
- Patriots vs. Browns: Fan Notes from the Game
- BNOTD: Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski Tears ACL
- New England Patriots Links 12/09/13 - Patriots Celebrate Last-Minute...
- In the Mind of Destruction
- Patriots vs. Browns Final Score: Gronkowski Injured in Dramatic 27-26...
- Halftime: Patriots Struggle Again in 1st Half, Trail Browns 6-0