Rob Gronkowski: ‘I’m just improving every week’
|09.25.13 at 2:25 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Rob Gronkowski has learned a thing or two from his coach.
Pressed by the media for a health update on Wednesday, the tight end didn’t offer any details regarding his medical condition.
‘There really isn’t an update,’ said Gronkowski, who has yet to play this season in the wake of offseason surgeries on his forearm and back. ‘You know how we go — just improving every week.’
Gronkowski was upgraded last week from doubtful to questionable in the days leading up to last Sunday’s game against the Bucs, but he’s pleading ignorance as to whether or not that means he’s closer to playing Sunday against the Falcons.
‘I don’t know even know. I don’t know how any of that works out,’ Gronkowski said with a smile. ‘I still don’t understand how that works, doubtful, questionable. I mean, I guess — like I said — I’ve been improving every week, so whoever makes that call must have seen some good improvement to be doubtful to questionable.’
Gronkowski acknowledged that the rehab process isn’t just about taking care of the injury, but returning to playing strength.
‘My strength is improving every week, and that’s all I can ask for right now,’ said Gronkowski. ‘It’s definitely improved greatly from four weeks ago, and [it’s] improving every week from when I started.’
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Ankle, Shoulder and...
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction