Rob Gronkowski: ‘I’m just improving every week’
|09.25.13 at 2:25 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Rob Gronkowski has learned a thing or two from his coach.
Pressed by the media for a health update on Wednesday, the tight end didn’t offer any details regarding his medical condition.
‘There really isn’t an update,’ said Gronkowski, who has yet to play this season in the wake of offseason surgeries on his forearm and back. ‘You know how we go — just improving every week.’
Gronkowski was upgraded last week from doubtful to questionable in the days leading up to last Sunday’s game against the Bucs, but he’s pleading ignorance as to whether or not that means he’s closer to playing Sunday against the Falcons.
‘I don’t know even know. I don’t know how any of that works out,’ Gronkowski said with a smile. ‘I still don’t understand how that works, doubtful, questionable. I mean, I guess — like I said — I’ve been improving every week, so whoever makes that call must have seen some good improvement to be doubtful to questionable.’
Gronkowski acknowledged that the rehab process isn’t just about taking care of the injury, but returning to playing strength.
‘My strength is improving every week, and that’s all I can ask for right now,’ said Gronkowski. ‘It’s definitely improved greatly from four weeks ago, and [it’s] improving every week from when I started.’
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...