Patriots practice Thursday: Matthew Slater and Sebastian Vollmer only absentees
|09.26.13 at 10:53 am ET|
After practicing in full pads Wednesday, the team worked out in shorts and shells on Thursday as they continue preparations for the Falcons on Sunday night at the Georgia Dome. The game with be on national TV on NBC and expert analyst Cris Collinsworth attended Thursday’s practice in Foxboro.
Slater is out 4-6 weeks after breaking his wrist in the Sept. 12 game against the Jets while Vollmer appeared to injure his foot in the first half of Sunday’s win over Tampa Bay.
Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald reported that Vollmer sustained “only” a foot sprain and the injury is not considered serious. Still, his availability this Sunday night is in question.
Vollmer did not play in the second half and was replaced at right tackle by Marcus Cannon. Vollmer was not spotted in the locker room but was seen leaving Gillette Stadium in a walking boot, according to a report from Comcast’s Mike Giardi.
Danny Amendola (groin) and Rob Gronkowski (forearm/back) were both on the field again Thursday and both were listed as limited on the first official injury report of the week on Wednesday.
The media was only permitted access during stretching so there was no indication of how much Amendola and Gronkowski participated.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty