Patriots practice Thursday: Matthew Slater and Sebastian Vollmer only absentees
|09.26.13 at 10:53 am ET|
After practicing in full pads Wednesday, the team worked out in shorts and shells on Thursday as they continue preparations for the Falcons on Sunday night at the Georgia Dome. The game with be on national TV on NBC and expert analyst Cris Collinsworth attended Thursday’s practice in Foxboro.
Slater is out 4-6 weeks after breaking his wrist in the Sept. 12 game against the Jets while Vollmer appeared to injure his foot in the first half of Sunday’s win over Tampa Bay.
Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald reported that Vollmer sustained “only” a foot sprain and the injury is not considered serious. Still, his availability this Sunday night is in question.
Vollmer did not play in the second half and was replaced at right tackle by Marcus Cannon. Vollmer was not spotted in the locker room but was seen leaving Gillette Stadium in a walking boot, according to a report from Comcast’s Mike Giardi.
Danny Amendola (groin) and Rob Gronkowski (forearm/back) were both on the field again Thursday and both were listed as limited on the first official injury report of the week on Wednesday.
The media was only permitted access during stretching so there was no indication of how much Amendola and Gronkowski participated.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...