Patriots practice Thursday: Matthew Slater and Sebastian Vollmer only absentees
|09.26.13 at 10:53 am ET|
After practicing in full pads Wednesday, the team worked out in shorts and shells on Thursday as they continue preparations for the Falcons on Sunday night at the Georgia Dome. The game with be on national TV on NBC and expert analyst Cris Collinsworth attended Thursday’s practice in Foxboro.
Slater is out 4-6 weeks after breaking his wrist in the Sept. 12 game against the Jets while Vollmer appeared to injure his foot in the first half of Sunday’s win over Tampa Bay.
Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald reported that Vollmer sustained “only” a foot sprain and the injury is not considered serious. Still, his availability this Sunday night is in question.
Vollmer did not play in the second half and was replaced at right tackle by Marcus Cannon. Vollmer was not spotted in the locker room but was seen leaving Gillette Stadium in a walking boot, according to a report from Comcast’s Mike Giardi.
Danny Amendola (groin) and Rob Gronkowski (forearm/back) were both on the field again Thursday and both were listed as limited on the first official injury report of the week on Wednesday.
The media was only permitted access during stretching so there was no indication of how much Amendola and Gronkowski participated.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie
- Julian Edelman Says Jimmy Garoppolo Has Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers...