Aaron Hernandez girlfriend Shayana Jenkins charged with perjury in Odin Lloyd murder case
|09.27.13 at 2:28 pm ET|
The fiancee of Aaron Hernandez has been indicted on a charge of perjury, District Attorney Sam Sutter announced over Twitter on Friday.
Shayana Jenkins was indicted on a perjury charge in connection to the investigation into the June 17 killing of Odin Lloyd in North Attleborough.
Hernandez is facing first-degree murder and weapons charges in the death of Lloyd, a semi-professional football player from Boston who was dating the sister of Hernandez’s girlfriend. As Hernandez was being charged in Bristol County District Court in late June, cameras spotted Hernandez mouthing “I love you” to Jenkins, who was in the courtroom observing the proceedings. Jenkins and Hernandez have a daughter, Avielle Janelle, who was born in Nov. 2012.
Sutter also announced the grand jury indicted Hernandez’ cousin Tanya Singleton on a charge of conspiracy to commit accessory after the fact connected to the investigation Lloyd’s death.
Singleton has already pleaded not guilty to contempt charges for allegedly refusing to testify before the grand jury that indicted Hernandez on murder charges.
The Grand Jury has indicted Shayana Jenkins on a charge of perjury in connection to the investigation into the June 17 killing of Odin Lloyd
— DA Sam Sutter (@DASamSutter) September 27, 2013
Earlier in the day, Carlos Ortiz was charged with accessory after the fact in the murder case.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied