Patriots practice Friday: Sebastian Vollmer (sprained foot) returns
|09.27.13 at 10:47 am ET|
FOXBORO — Sporting heavy white tape on his left foot, starting right tackle Sebastian Vollmer returned to Patriots practice Friday morning outside Gillette Stadium. Matthew Slater was the only player missing as the Patriots worked out in shorts and shells for the second straight day on the upper grass fields.
Vollmer did not play in the second half Sunday against Tampa Bay and was replaced at right tackle by Marcus Cannon. Vollmer was not spotted in the locker room but was seen leaving Gillette Stadium in a walking boot, according to a report from Comcast’s Mike Giardi.
Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald reported that Vollmer sustained “only” a foot sprain and the injury is not considered serious. Still, his availability this Sunday night is in question as he did not participate in practice on Wednesday and Thursday.
Vollmer took part in stretching and jogging exercises on Friday during the open media portion of practice.
Slater is out 4-6 weeks after breaking his wrist in the Sept. 12 game against the Jets while Vollmer appeared to injure his foot in the first half of Sunday’s win over Tampa Bay.
Danny Amendola (groin) and Rob Gronkowski (forearm/back) were both on the field again Friday and both were listed as limited on Thursday’s official injury report.
The media was only permitted access during stretching so there was no indication of how much Vollmer, Amendola and Gronkowski participated.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades