Patriots practice Friday: Sebastian Vollmer (sprained foot) returns
|09.27.13 at 10:47 am ET|
FOXBORO — Sporting heavy white tape on his left foot, starting right tackle Sebastian Vollmer returned to Patriots practice Friday morning outside Gillette Stadium. Matthew Slater was the only player missing as the Patriots worked out in shorts and shells for the second straight day on the upper grass fields.
Vollmer did not play in the second half Sunday against Tampa Bay and was replaced at right tackle by Marcus Cannon. Vollmer was not spotted in the locker room but was seen leaving Gillette Stadium in a walking boot, according to a report from Comcast’s Mike Giardi.
Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald reported that Vollmer sustained “only” a foot sprain and the injury is not considered serious. Still, his availability this Sunday night is in question as he did not participate in practice on Wednesday and Thursday.
Vollmer took part in stretching and jogging exercises on Friday during the open media portion of practice.
Slater is out 4-6 weeks after breaking his wrist in the Sept. 12 game against the Jets while Vollmer appeared to injure his foot in the first half of Sunday’s win over Tampa Bay.
Danny Amendola (groin) and Rob Gronkowski (forearm/back) were both on the field again Friday and both were listed as limited on Thursday’s official injury report.
The media was only permitted access during stretching so there was no indication of how much Vollmer, Amendola and Gronkowski participated.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video