Patriots release cornerback Marquice Cole
|09.27.13 at 4:09 pm ET|
The Patriots released veteran cornerback Marquice Cole on Friday.
The 29-year-old Cole is a veteran of four NFL seasons with the Jets (2009-11) and Patriots (2012). The 5-foot-10, 195-pounder joined New England as a free agent on March 19, 2012 and was re-signed by the team on March 20. Cole was released by the Patriots on Sept. 1 and re-signed by the team one day later on Sept. 2.
He played in 14 games with one start last season and finished with 12 total tackles, one interception, three passes defensed and seven special teams tackles. Cole played in both postseason games and added four defensive tackles and four special teams tackles. He played in the first three games of the 2013 season on special teams.
The team did not announce a corresponding roster move.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...