Patriots release cornerback Marquice Cole
|09.27.13 at 4:09 pm ET|
The 29-year-old Cole is a veteran of four NFL seasons with the Jets (2009-11) and Patriots (2012). The 5-foot-10, 195-pounder joined New England as a free agent on March 19, 2012 and was re-signed by the team on March 20. Cole was released by the Patriots on Sept. 1 and re-signed by the team one day later on Sept. 2.
He played in 14 games with one start last season and finished with 12 total tackles, one interception, three passes defensed and seven special teams tackles. Cole played in both postseason games and added four defensive tackles and four special teams tackles. He played in the first three games of the 2013 season on special teams.
The team did not announce a corresponding roster move.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
- The New England Patriots now control their destiny in the AFC playoff...
- 2013 Week 14 Patriots Power Rankings
- New England Patriots Links 12/12/13 - Jamie Collins Growing into...
- Coping With Loss: the Rob Gronkowski Edition
- New England Patriots Links 12/11/13 - Can Mental Toughness Overcome...
- No Lead, No Problem
- Patriots vs. Browns: By the Numbers