Rob Gronkowski, Danny Amendola officially ‘questionable’ for Sunday’s game against Falcons
|09.27.13 at 4:22 pm ET|
Wide receiver Danny Amendola and tight end Rob Gronkowski are both listed as “questionable” for Sunday’s game against the Falcons in Atlanta. The Patriots made the official designation Friday despite an ESPN report that both Gronkowski and Amendola “are not expected to play” Sunday night at the Georgia Dome.
This marks the second consecutive week that Gronkowski has been listed as “questionable” (which means there’s a 50-50 chance the player will be able to go) an upgrade from the first two weeks where he was “doubtful.” (For what it’s worth, Gronkowski’s bags were packed in the locker room Friday as the team prepared to depart for Georgia.).
In the case of Amendola, the receiver — who suffered a groin injury in a Week 1 win over the Bills — was listed as “doubtful” last week. However, he appears to be moving easier in practice, and he said on Wednesday he hopes to be back to 100 percent “shortly.”
Special teams captain Matthew Slater was the only player official ruled out for Sunday — Slater suffered a wrist injury, and was out of last week’s game against Tampa Bay as well.
Here’s Friday’s full report:
Did Not Practice
ST Matthew Slater (wrist) OUT
WR Danny Amendola (groin) QUESTIONABLE
CB Kyle Arrington (knee) QUESTIONABLE
RB Brandon Bolden (knee) QUESTIONABLE
DB Nate Ebner (ankle) QUESTIONABLE
TE Rob Gronkowski (back/forearm) QUESTIONABLE
OL Will Svitek (knee) QUESTIONABLE
OL Sebastian Vollmer (foot) QUESTIONABLE
RB Leon Washington (thigh) QUESTIONABLE
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return