Bill Belichick has no update on Vince Wilfork after right ankle injury
|09.29.13 at 8:56 pm ET|
Vince Wilfork was carted off the field and taken to the locker room to have his right foot examined on the first defensive series of the night.
Wilfork appeared to injure the foot scrambling to get to Matt Ryan when the Falcons were threatening in the red zone. Wilfork was slow getting back to his feet and an injury timeout was called as he made his way to the sideline where he was in obvious pain. He did not return.
Asked after the game if there were any update on his star nose tackle’s condition or the extent of the injury, Belichick said, “No, I don’t have any [update].”
Tom Brady came over to see how he was doing as trainers took his cleats and socks off the right leg and foot. He was taken off the field sitting on a cart with his right leg and foot bare, while accompanied by Patriots team doctor Tom Gill.
The Patriots announced Wilfork had sustained an ankle injury and was questionable to return. Wilfork was replaced by rookie Joe Vellano.
Wilfork was ruled out after halftime.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick