Bill Belichick has no update on Vince Wilfork after right ankle injury
|09.29.13 at 8:56 pm ET|
Vince Wilfork was carted off the field and taken to the locker room to have his right foot examined on the first defensive series of the night.
Wilfork appeared to injure the foot scrambling to get to Matt Ryan when the Falcons were threatening in the red zone. Wilfork was slow getting back to his feet and an injury timeout was called as he made his way to the sideline where he was in obvious pain. He did not return.
Asked after the game if there were any update on his star nose tackle’s condition or the extent of the injury, Belichick said, “No, I don’t have any [update].”
Tom Brady came over to see how he was doing as trainers took his cleats and socks off the right leg and foot. He was taken off the field sitting on a cart with his right leg and foot bare, while accompanied by Patriots team doctor Tom Gill.
The Patriots announced Wilfork had sustained an ankle injury and was questionable to return. Wilfork was replaced by rookie Joe Vellano.
Wilfork was ruled out after halftime.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video