Kyle Arrington on M&M: ‘Unfortunate and sad’ to see Vince Wilfork get hurt
|09.30.13 at 12:27 pm ET|
Wilfork, one of the team’s defensive leaders, was spotted in a walking boot Sunday night. The Patriots have yet to confirm the extent of the injury to one of their defensive leaders, but reports indicate he suffered an Achilles injury that will end his season.
“Vince is one of the first guys here. People say that all the time: Well, he’s the first guy here, last one to leave. But honestly, as early as I try to get here myself, I can never beat Vince into the building,” Arrington said. “Just a tremendous guy not only on the field, but off the field. Everybody knows what kind of guy he is in the community. So, it’s unfortunate and sad to see a guy like that get hurt. Like I said, I definitely wish him the best, and hopefully he can get back soon.”
As for Sunday’s game, Arrington said he wasn’t surprised Atlanta tested the Patriots defensive backs early and often.
“It’s a talented group, especially at the skill positions,” Arrington said of the Falcons. “They played to the strengths of their team. They are a good team.”
Added Arrington: “We tried our best to take some guys away. Then the rest of us, it came down to you’re in a one-on-one battle each play.”
The defensive star was cornerback Aqib Talib, who had an interception and knocked away a fourth-down pass in the end zone in the final minute to preserve the win.
“Aqib, he brings such a tremendous work ethic to the game, at our position,” Arrington said. “It’s fun out there watching him. He’s one of those guys where I’m glad he’s on our team.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied