Kyle Arrington on M&M: ‘Unfortunate and sad’ to see Vince Wilfork get hurt
|09.30.13 at 12:27 pm ET|
Wilfork, one of the team’s defensive leaders, was spotted in a walking boot Sunday night. The Patriots have yet to confirm the extent of the injury to one of their defensive leaders, but reports indicate he suffered an Achilles injury that will end his season.
“Vince is one of the first guys here. People say that all the time: Well, he’s the first guy here, last one to leave. But honestly, as early as I try to get here myself, I can never beat Vince into the building,” Arrington said. “Just a tremendous guy not only on the field, but off the field. Everybody knows what kind of guy he is in the community. So, it’s unfortunate and sad to see a guy like that get hurt. Like I said, I definitely wish him the best, and hopefully he can get back soon.”
As for Sunday’s game, Arrington said he wasn’t surprised Atlanta tested the Patriots defensive backs early and often.
“It’s a talented group, especially at the skill positions,” Arrington said of the Falcons. “They played to the strengths of their team. They are a good team.”
Added Arrington: “We tried our best to take some guys away. Then the rest of us, it came down to you’re in a one-on-one battle each play.”
The defensive star was cornerback Aqib Talib, who had an interception and knocked away a fourth-down pass in the end zone in the final minute to preserve the win.
“Aqib, he brings such a tremendous work ethic to the game, at our position,” Arrington said. “It’s fun out there watching him. He’s one of those guys where I’m glad he’s on our team.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know