Report: Richard Seymour dismisses possibility of return to Patriots
|09.30.13 at 3:51 pm ET|
Richard Seymour played with the Patriots from 2001 through 2008 before being dealt to the Raiders prior to the start of the 2009 season, but don’t expect him back in New England any time soon.
The defensive lineman, who is now a free agent after four seasons with the Raiders, told Ron Borges of the Boston Herald “No way,” when he was asked if he would entertain the possibility of a return to the Patriots.
Some believe the 33-year-old Seymour — a five-time All-Pro — would be a stopgap for the New England defensive line, which has to deal with a season-ending Achilles injury to Vince Wilfork. Wilfork was injured in the first quarter of Sunday’s win over the Falcons.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report
- Report: Edelman's Wk 1 Status Uncertain
- Is Signing Wayne a Smart Move for Pats?
- NFL Files Letter in Response to Brady's Case Examples