Report: Richard Seymour dismisses possibility of return to Patriots
|09.30.13 at 3:51 pm ET|
Richard Seymour played with the Patriots from 2001 through 2008 before being dealt to the Raiders prior to the start of the 2009 season, but don’t expect him back in New England any time soon.
The defensive lineman, who is now a free agent after four seasons with the Raiders, told Ron Borges of the Boston Herald “No way,” when he was asked if he would entertain the possibility of a return to the Patriots.
Some believe the 33-year-old Seymour — a five-time All-Pro — would be a stopgap for the New England defensive line, which has to deal with a season-ending Achilles injury to Vince Wilfork. Wilfork was injured in the first quarter of Sunday’s win over the Falcons.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...