Report: Richard Seymour dismisses possibility of return to Patriots
|09.30.13 at 3:51 pm ET|
Richard Seymour played with the Patriots from 2001 through 2008 before being dealt to the Raiders prior to the start of the 2009 season, but don’t expect him back in New England any time soon.
The defensive lineman, who is now a free agent after four seasons with the Raiders, told Ron Borges of the Boston Herald “No way,” when he was asked if he would entertain the possibility of a return to the Patriots.
Some believe the 33-year-old Seymour — a five-time All-Pro — would be a stopgap for the New England defensive line, which has to deal with a season-ending Achilles injury to Vince Wilfork. Wilfork was injured in the first quarter of Sunday’s win over the Falcons.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Week 4 Proves Why Pats Are Still in Driver's Seat
- Patriots Favored over Cowboys in Marquee Matchup
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week
- Where Does Brady's Hot Start Rank?