Report: Vince Wilfork has torn Achilles, likely out for season
|09.30.13 at 2:27 am ET|
Patriots defensive lineman Vince Wilfork suffered a torn Achilles on Sunday night that will almost certainly end his season, according to Shalise Manza-Young of The Boston Globe.
Wilfork suffered the injury early in the first quarter of Sunday night’s 30-23 win over the Falcons in Atlanta when he appeared to step on another player’s foot, and left the game. He was spotted in a walking boot and in street clothes in the second half.
The 31-year-old Wilfork has been the defensive centerpiece for the Patriots for the last several seasons. The 6-foot-2, 325-pounder is a five-time Pro Bowler and former All-Pro.
For some thoughts on how the Patriots might try to replace Wilfork, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL