Report: Vince Wilfork has torn Achilles, likely out for season
|09.30.13 at 2:27 am ET|
Patriots defensive lineman Vince Wilfork suffered a torn Achilles on Sunday night that will almost certainly end his season, according to Shalise Manza-Young of The Boston Globe.
Wilfork suffered the injury early in the first quarter of Sunday night’s 30-23 win over the Falcons in Atlanta when he appeared to step on another player’s foot, and left the game. He was spotted in a walking boot and in street clothes in the second half.
The 31-year-old Wilfork has been the defensive centerpiece for the Patriots for the last several seasons. The 6-foot-2, 325-pounder is a five-time Pro Bowler and former All-Pro.
For some thoughts on how the Patriots might try to replace Wilfork, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction