Report: Vince Wilfork has torn Achilles, likely out for season
|09.30.13 at 2:27 am ET|
Patriots defensive lineman Vince Wilfork suffered a torn Achilles on Sunday night that will almost certainly end his season, according to Shalise Manza-Young of The Boston Globe.
Wilfork suffered the injury early in the first quarter of Sunday night’s 30-23 win over the Falcons in Atlanta when he appeared to step on another player’s foot, and left the game. He was spotted in a walking boot and in street clothes in the second half.
The 31-year-old Wilfork has been the defensive centerpiece for the Patriots for the last several seasons. The 6-foot-2, 325-pounder is a five-time Pro Bowler and former All-Pro.
For some thoughts on how the Patriots might try to replace Wilfork, click here.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble
- Report: Lombardi Leaving Pats Front Office
- What Could Ninkovich's Position Change Mean for Patriots Defense?
- Who Were Patriots Minicamp Stars