Report: Vince Wilfork has torn Achilles, likely out for season
|09.30.13 at 2:27 am ET|
Patriots defensive lineman Vince Wilfork suffered a torn Achilles on Sunday night that will almost certainly end his season, according to Shalise Manza-Young of The Boston Globe.
Wilfork suffered the injury early in the first quarter of Sunday night’s 30-23 win over the Falcons in Atlanta when he appeared to step on another player’s foot, and left the game. He was spotted in a walking boot and in street clothes in the second half.
The 31-year-old Wilfork has been the defensive centerpiece for the Patriots for the last several seasons. The 6-foot-2, 325-pounder is a five-time Pro Bowler and former All-Pro.
For some thoughts on how the Patriots might try to replace Wilfork, click here.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Rookie Cyrus Jones Fits in Patriots Defense
- Patriots Long Snapper, May Leave Team to Fulfill Navy Duty
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions