Target Practice: Tracking opportunities in Patriots passing game
|10.01.13 at 11:54 am ET|
Targets have been compiled by the NFL since the start of the 2009 season, and while it remains a vaguely imperfect stat ‘ a badly thrown ball from a quarterback can often go against the record of the receiver as opposed to the quarterback ‘ it remains a good indication of the confidence level a passer might have in his pass catcher. Here’s a look at the target breakdown for the New England passing game after the first four games of the 2013 season:
WR Julian Edelman: 34 catches on 43 targets
WR Kenbrell Thompkins: 15 catches on 39 targets
WR Aaron Dobson: 11 catches on 30 targets
WR Danny Amendola: 10 catches on 14 targets
RB Shane Vereen: 7 catches on 10 targets
RB Brandon Bolden: 6 catches on 7 targets
TE Michael Hoomanawanui: 3 catch on 5 targets
RB Stevan Ridley: 3 catches on 3 targets
FB James Develin: 2 catches on 2 targets
WR Josh Boyce: 1 catch on 6 targets
TE Matthew Mulligan: 1 catch on 1 target
TE Zach Sudfeld: 0 catches on 3 targets
RB Leon Washington: 0 catches on 1 target
RB LeGarrette Blount: 0 catches on 1 target
Wide receiver: 71 catches on 132 targets
Running back/fullback: 18 catches on 24 targets
Tight end: 4 catches on 9 targets
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...