Stevan Ridley among missing at start of Wednesday practice
|10.02.13 at 11:16 am ET|
FOXBORO — Stevan Ridley, Matthew Slater and Vince Wilfork were the only ones not present at the start of Patriots practice Wednesday morning, a session that was held in sweats and shells on the practice fields behind Gillette Stadium.
While the absence of Slater and Wilfork was no surprise (Wilfork underwent Achilles surgery and is likely lost for the season, while Slater suffered a wrist injury and has been on the shelf for a couple of weeks), Ridley not being present is interesting. The running back didn’t appear to be suffering from any sort of injury issues in the wake of Sunday’s win over the Falcons.
Braxston Cave, Logan Ryan and Aaron Dobson were named the Practice Players of the Week, and were wearing black jerseys for the workout.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL