Stevan Ridley among missing at start of Wednesday practice
|10.02.13 at 11:16 am ET|
FOXBORO — Stevan Ridley, Matthew Slater and Vince Wilfork were the only ones not present at the start of Patriots practice Wednesday morning, a session that was held in sweats and shells on the practice fields behind Gillette Stadium.
While the absence of Slater and Wilfork was no surprise (Wilfork underwent Achilles surgery and is likely lost for the season, while Slater suffered a wrist injury and has been on the shelf for a couple of weeks), Ridley not being present is interesting. The running back didn’t appear to be suffering from any sort of injury issues in the wake of Sunday’s win over the Falcons.
Braxston Cave, Logan Ryan and Aaron Dobson were named the Practice Players of the Week, and were wearing black jerseys for the workout.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Amendola, Patriots Agree to New Contract
- How Rookie Cyrus Jones Fits in Patriots Defense
- Patriots Long Snapper, May Leave Team to Fulfill Navy Duty
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld