Stevan Ridley among missing at start of Wednesday practice
|10.02.13 at 11:16 am ET|
FOXBORO — Stevan Ridley, Matthew Slater and Vince Wilfork were the only ones not present at the start of Patriots practice Wednesday morning, a session that was held in sweats and shells on the practice fields behind Gillette Stadium.
While the absence of Slater and Wilfork was no surprise (Wilfork underwent Achilles surgery and is likely lost for the season, while Slater suffered a wrist injury and has been on the shelf for a couple of weeks), Ridley not being present is interesting. The running back didn’t appear to be suffering from any sort of injury issues in the wake of Sunday’s win over the Falcons.
Braxston Cave, Logan Ryan and Aaron Dobson were named the Practice Players of the Week, and were wearing black jerseys for the workout.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason