Patriots put Vince Wilfork on IR, sign Austin Collie and release Zach Sudfeld
|10.03.13 at 4:38 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Thursday they have placed defensive lineman Vince Wilfork on Injured Reserve and signed veteran free agent wide receiver Austin Collie. In addition, the Patriots released rookie tight end Zach Sudfeld.
Collie, 27, is a veteran of four NFL seasons with the Indianapolis Colts (2009-12) after originally entering the NFL as a fourth-round draft pick (127th overall) of the Colts out of Brigham Young in 2009. The 6-foot, 204-pounder was signed by the 49ers as an unrestricted free agent on Aug. 2, 2013, but was released by the 49ers on Aug. 31.
Collie has played in 42 NFL games with 16 starts and has registered 173 receptions for 1,845 yards and 16 touchdowns. His best statistical season was as a rookie in 2009 when he caught 60 passes for 676 yards and seven touchdowns. Last season, Collie was limited to just one game for the Colts due to a knee injury.
Sudfeld, 24, originally joined the Patriots as a rookie free agent out of Nevada on May 3. The 6-foot-7, 260-pounder played in three of the first four games of the 2013 season as a reserve tight end and on special teams.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Biggest Takeaways from Patriots' Week 11 Win
- Pats' 13th Straight Season With 10+ Wins
- Patriots vs. Broncos: Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Amendola, LaFell, White's Post-Week 11 Fantasy Advice
- Once Again, the Patriots Find a Way to Stay Perfect
- White Has Potential to Fill Patriots' 3rd-Down Role
- Latest on Danny Amendola's Knee Injury