Stevan Ridley again missing at Patriots practice
|10.03.13 at 10:56 am ET|
FOXBORO — Stevan Ridley, Matthew Slater and Vince Wilfork were again the only players missing at Patriots practice Thursday morning, a session that was held in full pads on the practice fields behind Gillette Stadium.
There was a new player in attendance as the team signed free agent wide receiver Austin Collie. The Patriots listed four of their six wide receivers as limited on Thursday.
The absence of Slater and Wilfork was no surprise as Wilfork underwent Achilles surgery on Tuesday and is likely lost for the season, while Slater suffered a wrist injury in the season opener in Buffalo and is expected out another week. Ridley’s knee injury is of concern as the team’s running back depth is tested.
In addition, Danny Amendola and Rob Gronkowski were again present for the start of the workout.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick