Stevan Ridley again missing at Patriots practice
|10.03.13 at 10:56 am ET|
FOXBORO — Stevan Ridley, Matthew Slater and Vince Wilfork were again the only players missing at Patriots practice Thursday morning, a session that was held in full pads on the practice fields behind Gillette Stadium.
There was a new player in attendance as the team signed free agent wide receiver Austin Collie. The Patriots listed four of their six wide receivers as limited on Thursday.
The absence of Slater and Wilfork was no surprise as Wilfork underwent Achilles surgery on Tuesday and is likely lost for the season, while Slater suffered a wrist injury in the season opener in Buffalo and is expected out another week. Ridley’s knee injury is of concern as the team’s running back depth is tested.
In addition, Danny Amendola and Rob Gronkowski were again present for the start of the workout.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
- No Lead, No Problem
- Patriots vs. Browns: By the Numbers
- Offensive Fallout: Touch Percentage
- Patriots vs. Ravens Flexed Out of Primetime for Week 16
- New England Patriots Links 12/10/13 - 'Next Man Up' Philosophy Faces...
- New England Patriots fans, take a deep breath and enjoy the ride
- The Heart of a Machine