Jets reportedly claim Zach Sudfeld off waivers
|10.04.13 at 5:04 pm ET|
Zach Sudfeld has a new home in New York. One day after being released by the Patriots, their rival in the AFC East claimed the rookie tight end Friday, according to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun and Ravens Insider.
Sudfeld impressed during training camp and preseason as an undrafted rookie free agent out of Nevada. But Sudfeld ran into hamstring problems in the season opener and couldn’t get regular snaps thereafter in filling in for Rob Gronkowski.
Ironically, the one game Sudfeld missed due to his hamstring was against the Jets.
Sudfeld, who stands 6-foot-7 and weighs 260 pounds, had no receptions in three games but is considered a prospect with good hands and route-running skills.
Wilson also reported that the Patriots worked out former Chiefs defensive end Marcus Dixon and former Titans defensive tackle DaJohn Harris.
— Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) October 4, 2013
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie
- Julian Edelman Says Jimmy Garoppolo Has Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers...