Jets reportedly claim Zach Sudfeld off waivers
|10.04.13 at 5:04 pm ET|
Zach Sudfeld has a new home in New York. One day after being released by the Patriots, their rival in the AFC East claimed the rookie tight end Friday, according to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun and Ravens Insider.
Sudfeld impressed during training camp and preseason as an undrafted rookie free agent out of Nevada. But Sudfeld ran into hamstring problems in the season opener and couldn’t get regular snaps thereafter in filling in for Rob Gronkowski.
Ironically, the one game Sudfeld missed due to his hamstring was against the Jets.
Sudfeld, who stands 6-foot-7 and weighs 260 pounds, had no receptions in three games but is considered a prospect with good hands and route-running skills.
Wilson also reported that the Patriots worked out former Chiefs defensive end Marcus Dixon and former Titans defensive tackle DaJohn Harris.
— Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) October 4, 2013
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free-Agent OL Pats Should Target This Offseason
- FA WRs Patriots Should Target This Offseason
- Report: Montee Ball Released by Patriots
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty