Jets reportedly claim Zach Sudfeld off waivers
|10.04.13 at 5:04 pm ET|
Zach Sudfeld has a new home in New York. One day after being released by the Patriots, their rival in the AFC East claimed the rookie tight end Friday, according to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun and Ravens Insider.
Sudfeld impressed during training camp and preseason as an undrafted rookie free agent out of Nevada. But Sudfeld ran into hamstring problems in the season opener and couldn’t get regular snaps thereafter in filling in for Rob Gronkowski.
Ironically, the one game Sudfeld missed due to his hamstring was against the Jets.
Sudfeld, who stands 6-foot-7 and weighs 260 pounds, had no receptions in three games but is considered a prospect with good hands and route-running skills.
Wilson also reported that the Patriots worked out former Chiefs defensive end Marcus Dixon and former Titans defensive tackle DaJohn Harris.
— Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) October 4, 2013
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...
- Super Bowl 51 Champion New England Patriots Visit President Trump at...