Jets reportedly claim Zach Sudfeld off waivers
|10.04.13 at 5:04 pm ET|
Zach Sudfeld has a new home in New York. One day after being released by the Patriots, their rival in the AFC East claimed the rookie tight end Friday, according to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun and Ravens Insider.
Sudfeld impressed during training camp and preseason as an undrafted rookie free agent out of Nevada. But Sudfeld ran into hamstring problems in the season opener and couldn’t get regular snaps thereafter in filling in for Rob Gronkowski.
Ironically, the one game Sudfeld missed due to his hamstring was against the Jets.
Sudfeld, who stands 6-foot-7 and weighs 260 pounds, had no receptions in three games but is considered a prospect with good hands and route-running skills.
Wilson also reported that the Patriots worked out former Chiefs defensive end Marcus Dixon and former Titans defensive tackle DaJohn Harris.
— Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) October 4, 2013
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble
- Report: Lombardi Leaving Pats Front Office
- What Could Ninkovich's Position Change Mean for Patriots Defense?
- Who Were Patriots Minicamp Stars