Jets reportedly claim Zach Sudfeld off waivers
|10.04.13 at 5:04 pm ET|
Zach Sudfeld has a new home in New York. One day after being released by the Patriots, their rival in the AFC East claimed the rookie tight end Friday, according to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun and Ravens Insider.
Sudfeld impressed during training camp and preseason as an undrafted rookie free agent out of Nevada. But Sudfeld ran into hamstring problems in the season opener and couldn’t get regular snaps thereafter in filling in for Rob Gronkowski.
Ironically, the one game Sudfeld missed due to his hamstring was against the Jets.
Sudfeld, who stands 6-foot-7 and weighs 260 pounds, had no receptions in three games but is considered a prospect with good hands and route-running skills.
Wilson also reported that the Patriots worked out former Chiefs defensive end Marcus Dixon and former Titans defensive tackle DaJohn Harris.
— Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) October 4, 2013
- In the Mind of Destruction
- Patriots vs. Browns Final Score: Gronkowski Injured in Dramatic 27-26...
- Halftime: Patriots Struggle Again in 1st Half, Trail Browns 6-0
- Week 14 Game Thread: Patriots vs. Browns
- Patriots vs. Browns: Thompkins, Hoomanawanui Both Inactive
- Belichick on Ridley, Faulk, and Ozzie Newsome
- The Best Around