Report: Rob Gronkowski unlikely to play Sunday vs. Bengals
|10.04.13 at 12:46 pm ET|
Multiple reports now indicate that it’s unlikely Rob Gronkowski will not play Sunday, marking the fifth straight week to open the season where he’ll be a no-go.
Both the Boston Herald and Pro Football Talk indicate that the big tight end, who underwent multiple surgeries on his forearm and back over the course of the offseason, isn’t likely to play Sunday against the Bengals in Cincinnati.
For his part, Gronkowski said Wednesday that he’s still “day-by-day,” but that he continues to improve.
”When I’m ready, I’m ready,” Gronkowski said. ”If it’s this Sunday, next Sunday, or the Sunday after, it’s just going day-by-day. So I really couldn’t tell you when it’s going to be, so it’s kind of hard to answer that. I’m just progressing every day, working hard every day and feeling better every day. I’m going out to practice and working as hard as I can — practicing with my teammates.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Roger Goodell to Attend Patriots Home Opener, 1st Foxboro Trip Since...
- Robert Kraft 'Would Love' for Darrelle Revis to Return to Patriots
- Ideal Second-Round Fits for New England Patriots in 2017 NFL Draft
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned