Report: Rob Gronkowski unlikely to play Sunday vs. Bengals
|10.04.13 at 12:46 pm ET|
Multiple reports now indicate that it’s unlikely Rob Gronkowski will not play Sunday, marking the fifth straight week to open the season where he’ll be a no-go.
Both the Boston Herald and Pro Football Talk indicate that the big tight end, who underwent multiple surgeries on his forearm and back over the course of the offseason, isn’t likely to play Sunday against the Bengals in Cincinnati.
For his part, Gronkowski said Wednesday that he’s still “day-by-day,” but that he continues to improve.
”When I’m ready, I’m ready,” Gronkowski said. ”If it’s this Sunday, next Sunday, or the Sunday after, it’s just going day-by-day. So I really couldn’t tell you when it’s going to be, so it’s kind of hard to answer that. I’m just progressing every day, working hard every day and feeling better every day. I’m going out to practice and working as hard as I can — practicing with my teammates.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Biggest Takeaways from Patriots' Week 11 Win
- Pats' 13th Straight Season With 10+ Wins
- Patriots vs. Broncos: Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Amendola, LaFell, White's Post-Week 11 Fantasy Advice
- Once Again, the Patriots Find a Way to Stay Perfect
- White Has Potential to Fill Patriots' 3rd-Down Role
- Latest on Danny Amendola's Knee Injury