Report: Rob Gronkowski unlikely to play Sunday vs. Bengals
|10.04.13 at 12:46 pm ET|
Multiple reports now indicate that it’s unlikely Rob Gronkowski will not play Sunday, marking the fifth straight week to open the season where he’ll be a no-go.
Both the Boston Herald and Pro Football Talk indicate that the big tight end, who underwent multiple surgeries on his forearm and back over the course of the offseason, isn’t likely to play Sunday against the Bengals in Cincinnati.
For his part, Gronkowski said Wednesday that he’s still “day-by-day,” but that he continues to improve.
”When I’m ready, I’m ready,” Gronkowski said. ”If it’s this Sunday, next Sunday, or the Sunday after, it’s just going day-by-day. So I really couldn’t tell you when it’s going to be, so it’s kind of hard to answer that. I’m just progressing every day, working hard every day and feeling better every day. I’m going out to practice and working as hard as I can — practicing with my teammates.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England