Report: Rob Gronkowski unlikely to play Sunday vs. Bengals
|10.04.13 at 12:46 pm ET|
Multiple reports now indicate that it’s unlikely Rob Gronkowski will not play Sunday, marking the fifth straight week to open the season where he’ll be a no-go.
Both the Boston Herald and Pro Football Talk indicate that the big tight end, who underwent multiple surgeries on his forearm and back over the course of the offseason, isn’t likely to play Sunday against the Bengals in Cincinnati.
For his part, Gronkowski said Wednesday that he’s still “day-by-day,” but that he continues to improve.
”When I’m ready, I’m ready,” Gronkowski said. ”If it’s this Sunday, next Sunday, or the Sunday after, it’s just going day-by-day. So I really couldn’t tell you when it’s going to be, so it’s kind of hard to answer that. I’m just progressing every day, working hard every day and feeling better every day. I’m going out to practice and working as hard as I can — practicing with my teammates.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free-Agent OL Pats Should Target This Offseason
- FA WRs Patriots Should Target This Offseason
- Report: Montee Ball Released by Patriots
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty