Safety Tavon Wilson downgraded to out for Patriots
|10.05.13 at 9:42 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Saturday night safety Tavon Wilson has been ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Bengals.
The defensive back, who has developed into an important special teams cog, also offers depth at the safety position for New England, was ruled out because of a hamstring issue. The 23-year-old Wilson is a 6-foot, 215-pounder out of Illinois who has played in four games this season, but has yet to register a tackle on defense.
Wilson joins tight end Rob Gronkowski — who was also officially downgraded by the team on Saturday — and running back Stevan Ridley as being out at this point.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick