Safety Tavon Wilson downgraded to out for Patriots
|10.05.13 at 9:42 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Saturday night safety Tavon Wilson has been ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Bengals.
The defensive back, who has developed into an important special teams cog, also offers depth at the safety position for New England, was ruled out because of a hamstring issue. The 23-year-old Wilson is a 6-foot, 215-pounder out of Illinois who has played in four games this season, but has yet to register a tackle on defense.
Wilson joins tight end Rob Gronkowski — who was also officially downgraded by the team on Saturday — and running back Stevan Ridley as being out at this point.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed
- New England Patriots: Updated Draft Big Board After First Wave of Free...
- Tyler Gaffney Released by New England Patriots
- Tom Brady Issues Statement on Recovery of Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey
- Video of Alleged Suspect Stealing Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Jersey Aired...