Safety Tavon Wilson downgraded to out for Patriots
|10.05.13 at 9:42 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Saturday night safety Tavon Wilson has been ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Bengals.
The defensive back, who has developed into an important special teams cog, also offers depth at the safety position for New England, was ruled out because of a hamstring issue. The 23-year-old Wilson is a 6-foot, 215-pounder out of Illinois who has played in four games this season, but has yet to register a tackle on defense.
Wilson joins tight end Rob Gronkowski — who was also officially downgraded by the team on Saturday — and running back Stevan Ridley as being out at this point.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week
- Where Does Brady's Hot Start Rank?
- Report: Bears Trade LB Bostic to Pats
- Taking Stock of Pats Ahead of Week 4 Bye