Patriots re-sign Marquice Cole, release Ja’Gared Davis and Kanorris Davis
|10.07.13 at 5:12 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Monday afternoon they have re-signed veteran cornerback Marquice Cole. In addition, they released safety Kanorris Davis and linebacker Ja’Gared Davis, who were both signed to the 53-man roster from the practice squad on Saturday and played on special teams at Cincinnati.
Cole, 29, is a veteran of four NFL seasons with the New York Jets (2009-11) and the Patriots (2012). The 5-foot-10, 195-pounder originally joined New England as a free agent on March 19, 2012, and was re-signed by the team on March 20. Cole was released by the Patriots on Sept. 1, and re-signed by the team one day later on Sept. 2. After playing in the first three games, Cole was released on Sept. 27 and re-signed on Oct. 1. He was released again on Oct. 4.
Ja’Gared Davis, 22, was claimed off waivers by the Patriots on Aug. 28. The 6-foot, 238-pounder, was originally signed by the Houston Texans as a rookie free agent from Southern Methodist on May 10, 2013, and was released on Aug. 27, 2013. Davis was released by the Patriots on Aug. 31 and signed to the practice squad on Sept. 1. He played in 53 college games and recorded 301 total tackles, 20 sacks, four interceptions, eight forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries. Davis played on special teams last Sunday at Cincinnati.
Kanorris Davis, 23, originally joined the Patriots as a rookie free agent out of Troy on May 3. The 5-foot-10, 207-pounder was released on Aug. 31 and was signed to the practice squad on Sept. 1. Davis was signed from the practice squad to the 53-man roster prior to the game at Atlanta and played against the Falcons on special teams. He was released by the Patriots on Sept. 30 and signed back to the practice squad on Oct. 2. Davis played as a linebacker in college, where he helped Troy win the Sun Belt Conference Championship in 2011 and 2012.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video