Patriots practice Wednesday: Tommy Kelly, Leon Washington, Michael Buchanan missing
|10.09.13 at 10:39 am ET|
FOXBORO — Tommy Kelly, Leon Washington and Michael Buchanan were the three Patriots not present at the start of practice in sweats and shells Wednesday morning on the upper grass fields outside Gillette Stadium.
Kelly left Sunday’s game in the fourth quarter holding his right knee and limped off the field. Washington suffered an ankle injury and was replaced by Devin McCourty in the kick return game.
In a bit of encouraging news, running back Stevan Ridley returned to practice for the first time since injuring his knee in the win over the Falcons on Sept. 29. Also back on the field were Matthew Slater and corner Alfonzo Dennard. Slater returned to practice on Friday but missed his fourth straight game with a wrist injury while Dennard limped off the field in the fourth quarter Sunday.
The team is beginning on-field preparations for the Saints this Sunday at Gillette Stadium.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble
- Report: Lombardi Leaving Pats Front Office
- What Could Ninkovich's Position Change Mean for Patriots Defense?
- Who Were Patriots Minicamp Stars