Patriots practice Wednesday: Tommy Kelly, Leon Washington, Michael Buchanan missing
|10.09.13 at 10:39 am ET|
FOXBORO — Tommy Kelly, Leon Washington and Michael Buchanan were the three Patriots not present at the start of practice in sweats and shells Wednesday morning on the upper grass fields outside Gillette Stadium.
Kelly left Sunday’s game in the fourth quarter holding his right knee and limped off the field. Washington suffered an ankle injury and was replaced by Devin McCourty in the kick return game.
In a bit of encouraging news, running back Stevan Ridley returned to practice for the first time since injuring his knee in the win over the Falcons on Sept. 29. Also back on the field were Matthew Slater and corner Alfonzo Dennard. Slater returned to practice on Friday but missed his fourth straight game with a wrist injury while Dennard limped off the field in the fourth quarter Sunday.
The team is beginning on-field preparations for the Saints this Sunday at Gillette Stadium.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video