Patriots injury report Thursday: Tommy Kelly, Leon Washington absent again
|10.10.13 at 4:31 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Tommy Kelly and Leon Washington were again the only two injury-related absentees at practice on Thursday while Jamie Collins was not in attendance due to a non-injury issue. Rob Gronkowski, Stevan Ridley, Rob Ninkovich and Danny Amendola were again among 11 Patriots listed as limited at the sweats and shells workout in Foxboro as the team continued preparations for the Saints Sunday at Gillette Stadium. Ridley missed all three practices last week with a knee injury, which kept him out of Sunday’s game against Cincinnati, the first game he’s missed due to injury in his three year career.
Center Ryan Wendell is still dealing with a concussion from Sunday’s game in Cincinnati while Ninkovich is suffering from a groin ailment. Michael Buchanan missed Wednesday’s practice due to a non-injury matter and was back at full participation on Thursday.
Matthew Slater practiced for the third time in five days after returning last Friday. He was again limited with a wrist injury that forced him to miss the Bengals game. Slater has missed four games since injuring the wrist in Week 1.
Running back Shane Vereen and defensive lineman Armond Armstead were both spotted working out on the side but both are on reserve lists. Vereen, who had a brace on his right wrist, is on injured reserve with a designation to return while Armstead is on non-football illness list
Here is Thursday’s complete report:
Did Not Practice
DT Tommy Kelly (knee)
RB Leon Washington (ankle)
LB Jamie Collins (not injury related)
WR Danny Amendola (groin)
RB Brandon Bolden (knee)
WR Aaron Dobson (neck)
TE Rob Gronkowski (back/forearm)
LB Dont’a Hightower (knee)
LB Jerod Mayo (ankle)
DL Rob Ninkovich (groin)
RB Stevan Ridley (knee)
ST Matthew Slater (wrist)
C Ryan Wendell (concussion)
DB Tavon Wilson (hamstring)
CB Kyle Arrington (groin)
DB Nate Ebner (ankle)
For more Patriots news, visit weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...