Patriots practice Thursday: Tommy Kelly, Leon Washington and Jamie Collins missing
|10.10.13 at 10:47 am ET|
FOXBORO — Tommy Kelly and Leon Washington missed their second straight practice on Thursday while defensive end Michael Buchanan returned as the Patriots worked out in sweats and shells on the upper grass fields outside Gillette Stadium. Linebacker Jamie Collins, who was not on Wednesday’s injury report, was not present either for the start of practice.
Kelly left Sunday’s game in the fourth quarter holding his right knee and limped off the field. Washington suffered an ankle injury and was replaced by Devin McCourty in the kick return game.
Also of note, running back Shane Vereen and defensive lineman Armond Armstead made an appearance on a separate practice field and were spotted working out in sweats. Vereen had a brace on his right wrist, the wrist that was broken in Week 1 in Buffalo. Armstead, who spent the first five weeks on the non-football illness list, has been recovering from an infection that required surgery in the summer.
The team is continuing on-field preparations for the Saints this Sunday at Gillette Stadium.
On Wednesday, in an effort to add depth along the defensive line, which is already without Vince Wilfork for the rest of the season, the team signed former Panthers defensive tackle Andre Neblett on Wednesday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...