Report: Tony Corrente will work as referee for Patriots-Saints
|10.10.13 at 8:58 pm ET|
Corrente, who has worked as a referee in the NFL since 2000, is one of the more respected officials in the game, and is best know amongst his peers for having worked as the lead official in Super Bowl XLI. (On the flip side, he was fined last season for accidentally uttering an obscenity at another official while his mic was on. He was docked a game check.)
Since 2009, he’s worked one New England game per season — all of them wins for the Patriots. That includes a 17-10 win over the Bills in 2009, a 23-20 victory over the Chargers in 2010, a 31-19 triumph against the Raiders in 2011 and New England’s 41-28 divisional playoff win over the Texans this past January at Gillette Stadium.
For more on Corrente’s record as an official, check out his page at Pro Football Reference.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick