Report: Tony Corrente will work as referee for Patriots-Saints
|10.10.13 at 8:58 pm ET|
Corrente, who has worked as a referee in the NFL since 2000, is one of the more respected officials in the game, and is best know amongst his peers for having worked as the lead official in Super Bowl XLI. (On the flip side, he was fined last season for accidentally uttering an obscenity at another official while his mic was on. He was docked a game check.)
Since 2009, he’s worked one New England game per season — all of them wins for the Patriots. That includes a 17-10 win over the Bills in 2009, a 23-20 victory over the Chargers in 2010, a 31-19 triumph against the Raiders in 2011 and New England’s 41-28 divisional playoff win over the Texans this past January at Gillette Stadium.
For more on Corrente’s record as an official, check out his page at Pro Football Reference.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick