Report: Tony Corrente will work as referee for Patriots-Saints
|10.10.13 at 8:58 pm ET|
Corrente, who has worked as a referee in the NFL since 2000, is one of the more respected officials in the game, and is best know amongst his peers for having worked as the lead official in Super Bowl XLI. (On the flip side, he was fined last season for accidentally uttering an obscenity at another official while his mic was on. He was docked a game check.)
Since 2009, he’s worked one New England game per season — all of them wins for the Patriots. That includes a 17-10 win over the Bills in 2009, a 23-20 victory over the Chargers in 2010, a 31-19 triumph against the Raiders in 2011 and New England’s 41-28 divisional playoff win over the Texans this past January at Gillette Stadium.
For more on Corrente’s record as an official, check out his page at Pro Football Reference.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free-Agent OL Pats Should Target This Offseason
- FA WRs Patriots Should Target This Offseason
- Report: Montee Ball Released by Patriots
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty